Terms and Conditions
We'd like to make sure your experience in the TiVo® Help Forums is a positive one. Please take a moment to read through these guidelines for participating in our community.
- What should be discussed here. These forums are designed to assist you with technical issues related to setting up and using your TiVo® Digital Video Recorder (DVR) and the TiVo service. We encourage you to ask questions and offer assistance to others. TiVo regularly monitors the forums to enhance our knowledgebase. We also try to correct erroneous information when possible, but most answers will come from fellow community members, who have a wealth of information to share.
- Stay on-topic.The support nature of these forums makes them inappropriate for discussing TiVo's policies or procedures (including Product Exchange procedures), for discussing future products, or for filing complaints. The moderators will also remove any comments that stray from the subject at hand, including unsolicited ads and promotions. If you would like to have a discussion about a topic that is not support related, check out the online TiVo Community Forum, a third-party site that hosts discussions of all things TiVo.
- We are not able to help with DVRs manufactured by other companies.These help forums and designed to assist customers who have purchased a TiVo-branded DVR or have a question about using the TiVo® Service. If you have a DVR sold by a TiVo partner (such as Hughes, Philips, Pioneer, RCA, Samsung, Sony, or Toshiba), please refer to the support resources for that manufacturer or check out the online TiVo Community Forum.
- Respect the views of others.Content that is abusive, vulgar, racist, slanderous, harassing or otherwise objectionable, or anonymous criticism of specific companies, will not be tolerated and will be removed.
- Take responsibility for what you say. You are responsible for the content of any messages you post in our community.
- Use your head.We hope our site provides you with a wealth of information from fellow community members. However, don’t take everything we say, or everything other community members say, as gospel. Be careful not to post confidential business information – our community is a public place, so don’t say anything here that you wouldn’t say in an elevator. Help Forum postings do not necessarily represent the professional advice or opinions of our staff. The results of any actions you take based on the advice you find in our community are your responsibility alone
- Be honest.When talking online with other community members, please refrain from random bashing or unfair comments. Your opinions are respected by your peers and can impact their thoughts and actions.
- Please don't post about "hacked" DVRs.TiVo does not support modifying hardware or software of your DVR, so no discussions of opening the DVR or other types of modifications should be discussed in our forums.
We hope it’s never necessary, but we reserve the right to remove anyone who violates these guidelines from our online community. For a complete list of legal guidelines, refer to the TiVo Help Forums Legal Guidelines.
ENTERING THE TIVO HELP FORUMS WILL CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER TIVO HELP FORUMS.