TiVo Help forums

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Feb 21, 2017 at 9:18:57 PM) rhyno
0 followers
Tivo Roamio OTA doesn't find some Netflix shows
Feb 13, 2017 at 2:48:49 PM  |  #1

Hello. We purchased our Tivo Roamio OTA in August 2016. We currently use it for watching over-the-air programming and Netflix streaming.

I've noticed that the Roamio sometimes can't find a show that's available on Netflix. One recent example is "The Crown". I tried on many occasions over several weeks to create a One Pass for that show, but  it never appeared in the search results.

Of course, we just switched over to the Netflix "app" and watched it that way, but it would've been nice to have it listed in our master list of shows. I haven't searched for it again since finishing the series, but we watched it over the course of several weeks and I checked multiple times during that period.

How long does it take for a newly added Netflix title to show up in Tivo searches? Doesn't it update every night, at least?

(Last Login: May 21, 2017 at 9:23:16 PM) mallem
0 followers
Feb 13, 2017 at 10:33:24 PM (Updated: Feb 13, 2017 at 10:36:23 PM)  |  #2

Hi,

I have a Tivo Roamio OTA as well. I searched for "The Crown" and it came up as available on Netflix. You may have missed it because it shows up as "Crown, The".

BTW, you cannot record Netflix movies on your Tivo with OnePass. You can create a OnePass for "The Crown" and it will record the show if it's aired via OTA only.  Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mike 

(Last Login: Apr 19, 2017 at 3:48:53 PM) tivosupport_brandi
tivosupport_brandi
0 followers
Feb 14, 2017 at 12:07:26 PM  |  #3

Hey rhyno

Sorry you've been having some trouble setting up OnePasses for streaming shows. Have you noticed this happening with any other shows? If so, what shows? We have been getting word of this happening on a few different shows and we are looking into this further. Thank you for your feedback. 

0 followers
Feb 16, 2017 at 9:02:49 PM  |  #4
Yes, it also happened a while back with "American Horror Story: Hotel". We started watching that series shortly after it was freshly added to Netflix. I kept trying to create a One Pass for it over the course of several weeks, but it wouldn't come up in search results. We finished the series so I haven't checked since.

Out of curiosity, I recently checked if "The Crown" was showing up in search results now, and it is. So there seems to be a huge delay of many weeks before some newly added shows appear in TiVo's search results.
0 followers
Feb 16, 2017 at 9:05:34 PM  |  #5
Yes, it's showing up now for me, too, but it didn't for many weeks, the whole time we were watching it.

I'm aware of how many database search results typically put an article like "The" at the end of a title in alphabetical lists.

I know the difference between streaming and recording OTA shows.
(Last Login: Apr 19, 2017 at 3:48:53 PM) tivosupport_brandi
tivosupport_brandi
0 followers
Feb 17, 2017 at 11:13:07 AM  |  #6

Thank you for that information rhyno

I apologize for the delayed addition of those streaming shows. When you were searching for American Horror Story: Hotel were you searching the entire title or just American Horror Story? 

We have been working on getting these shows added in a timely manner, but we're still getting word that some shows are not populating. Moving forward it should populate search results for shows that are currently available. However, if you notice the TiVo is still not populating results for content that it should please reach out and let us know. 

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 20
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this