TiVo Help forums

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Feb 12, 2018 at 3:23:41 PM) thewaterbug
0 followers
YouTube app extremely buggy :-(
Feb 12, 2018 at 3:38:11 PM  |  #1

I have one Roamio and three Minis, and the YT app on my Minis is just dreadfully buggy. Here's an assortment of issues:

1. When using the keyboard in the iPhone Remote app for the mini, neither the Space key nor the Backspace keys work. In order to search for something like "Painted Peafowl Manor" I have to switch back and forth between the keyboard and the D-pad keyboard, which is painful.*
  2. Sometimes a stream will go offline for a few seconds, and then resume. For example this stream (my own BeeCam):
    1. https://www.youtube.com/user/IAmTheWaterbug/live
    2. has a 5 second pause after 1:47:00 (after the William Tell Overture), during which time the music starts over. During this 5 seconds, the TY app will sometimes (but not always) display "Offline" on top of the stream, which is expected, but then leave "Offline" on top of the stream after it resumes. There is no way to get rid of the "Offline" overlay except by exiting the stream and selecting it again, which takes about 10-15 seconds to start playback.
  3. I play this stream for hours at a time, and this will often crash the TY app. 
    1. The stream will stop playing, and the UI will just hang up, or else the data rate will plunge to a few hundred Kbps. 
    2. I know it's not my network, because I can pull up the same stream on my computer or phone and pull 5-6 Mbps. 
    3. Sometimes I can recover by pressing the TiVo button on the remote, but occasionally the Mini will be unresponsive, and I'll have to pull the plug to recover.
*replace "peafowl" with the male specific, which apparently is considered fowl language. Surprised
Tags Tags: youtube
At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Feb 13, 2018 at 5:30:43 PM) tivosupport_ivory
tivosupport_ivory
0 followers
Feb 13, 2018 at 5:35:35 PM  |  #2

Hi thewaterbug.

We apologize for the trouble you're having with the YouTube app. To make sure if the YouTube is the only app that's affected with the issue, have you tried to check the other apps like Netflix and Amazon? 

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 9
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this