TiVo Help forums

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Jan 13, 2018 at 10:56:04 AM) ntrainer
0 followers
YouTube Application Freezes Every 10 Seconds
Jan 3, 2018 at 1:38:42 PM  |  #1

I've really had it with trying to use my TiVo to watch YouTube. I would love to be able to do so; there are a million workout videos (for free!) on YouTube, and I'd like to watch 'em on the big screen, rather than on my computer and/or iPad. But when playing a video through YouTube via TiVo's application, the video freezes for a short "blip" every 10 seconds or so. When you're trying to get in the rhythm of a workout, that's really disruptive! (And, honestly, even for a non-workout situation, that's unwatchable.)

I've now worked through TiVo's phone support, where I was asked to "uncheck" the YouTube app. on TiVo, connect to the TiVo service, then re-"check" the YouTube app., connect to the TiVo service, and then re-boot my TiVo box (a Premiere 500 hr., in case that makes a difference). This did nothing but cost me 30 minutes of my life, and changed nothing about YouTube playback.

Has ANYONE successfully addressed this? My second call to TiVo support resulted in a person telling me that their engineers were aware of the problem, were working on a fix, and that I'd know via e-mail when they'd made one. But there's no ETA for this fix, and so I'm thinking the ETA is "never." Someone tell me: Is there a real fix coming? If not, is there another way for me to stream YouTube on my TV?

(Last Login: January 15, 2018 9:32 AM) tivosupport_ivory
tivosupport_ivory
0 followers
Jan 3, 2018 at 5:51:42 PM  |  #2

Hi ntrainer.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you. Be assured, we are currently working on getting this issue fixed as quickly as possible. Indeed, you will receive e-mail update once we have resolved the problem. Thank you for your patience.

(Last Login: Jan 13, 2018 at 10:38:51 AM) aryangeek
0 followers
Jan 13, 2018 at 10:41:12 AM  |  #3

Hey, You can find the problem solution from here. You can visit the website and get all the typical information by click here.

(Last Login: Jan 13, 2018 at 10:56:04 AM) ntrainer
0 followers
Jan 13, 2018 at 10:58:26 AM  |  #4

If anyone is monitoring these forums, please remove aryangeek immediately. His response to me includes links that are no more than advertisements for products, possibly containing viruses meant to infect my computer. How disgusting of you to disguise such links in this way.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 23
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this