TiVo Help forums

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: January 15, 2018 6:48 AM) aria
0 followers
New Tivo Bolt Vox- Where Are The Missing Vital Features??
Jan 11, 2018 at 11:26:10 PM  |  #1
Here are my questions:
1. With my XL4 Premiere and Roamio, I could see what 4-6 channels I had left my box on. The boxes also saved a half hour on each channel, so I didn't have to start recording on time. So far, I can't find these features on the Bolt Vox. Has Tivo removed these or where do I find them?

2. Does the Bolt Vox have "Set Up a Manual Recording"? This is another feature I haven't found yet. Removed or where is it?

3. I already read I can't transfer my recordings back to Tivo with Vox/Hydra. (The ability to easily archive programs to PC/ HDs and transfer them back to Tivo was the #1 reason I got Tivo in the first place, and it's still by far the feature I care about most!) I also read that if you leave Hydra and go back to the old interface, it will restore this function. Will it also restore the functions described in questions 1-2?

4. Is it possible to go back to the old interface with a brand new Bolt Vox? If it is not possible, can I purchase one of last year's non-Vox Bolts, and use the old interface on it?
(Note: I'm a novice techie, so I don't want to have to deal with Plex's problems. Also, I'm willing to give up the voice function. And I can lose the recordings on the Vox- there's only two, and I also recorded them on my old Tivo, just in case. Finally, I'm still within Tivo.Com's 30 Day Free Returns Period, but I must make a decision and call Tivo Returns by Tuesday, 1/16/18.)
(Last Login: January 15, 2018 9:32 AM) tivosupport_ivory
tivosupport_ivory
0 followers
Jan 14, 2018 at 7:05:07 PM  |  #2

aria

We sincerely apologize for the late response. 

However, with regards to your first concern, are you referring to your 'Favorite Channels'? With the new user interface, Favorite Channels are not assigned in Settings > Channel Settings > Channel List. They are assigned in Settings > User Preferences > Favorite Channels. Or, to assign a favorite channel, navigate to Guide, press the desired channel, then press Add to Favorite Channel. 

Next,  you might want to enable the Overlap Protection on your TiVo box so that you don't have to start the recording on time. To do it, navigate from TiVo Home > Settings > User Preferences > Clip Overlapping Shows. You might want to visit this link for more information about Overlap Protection: https://support.tivo.com/SupportPortalArticleViewPage?artURL=%2Farticles%2FFeatu

With the new user interface, you can still be able to set up a Manual Recording. You can do it by navigating from TiVo Home > Menu > Manage > Manual Recording.

To address your other concerns, we would advise to contact our Customer support because we only have limited access here. You can reach them at 877-367-8486.

(Last Login: January 15, 2018 6:48 AM) aria
0 followers
January 15, 2018 6:59 AM  |  #3

Ivory-

That's OK. The features you're talking about aren't the same features I was talking about (I may not have used the right terms or descriptions). I had also posted this at Tivo Community, and they answered my questions here: 

https://www.tivocommunity.com/community/index.php?threads/new-tivo-bolt-vox-wher

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 23
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this