TiVo Help forums

First   |  Previous     Page 4 of 5     Next   |  Last
At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Jan 13, 2018 at 3:38:50 PM) menotivo
0 followers
Re:TiVo Mini guided setup can’t find DVR
Dec 27, 2017 at 1:18:52 PM (Updated: Jan 13, 2018 at 3:47:02 PM)  |  #46

Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. 

We are sorry for the the delay response and  for the inconvenience,  The only thing that you have to do is to perform force connection to your mini software so that it will automatically be updated.

1. Make sure that the mini is connected into your system.

2. On your TiVo mini, please go to Settings & Messages > Network Settings > TiVo Service Connection and force a service connection twice.  (THERE IS NO WAY TO DO THIS DURING THE GUIDED SETUP WIZARD!)

If the software is still not updated to the version 20.7.3..Please refer to this number if you choose to contact us again regarding this request.  In order to reply to this email, please log into My Support For future reference, your case number.

To find other related-support articles about TiVo, please visit https://support.tivo.com.
0 followers
Dec 27, 2017 at 1:55:09 PM (Updated: Jan 13, 2018 at 3:47:52 PM)  |  #47

?

(Last Login: Jan 7, 2018 at 1:54:41 PM) winb83
0 followers
Dec 27, 2017 at 8:16:45 PM  |  #48
Quote:
Originally Posted by menotivo View the original post

IMPORTANT: After you begin Guided Setup, there is no way to exit until the process is complete.

---- above from TiVo support page.

So there is no way to force an update to WORKING software.

----- meaning that TiVo Mini A92's are defective, dead, worthless bricks!   Which may explain why you see them all AS-IS on eBay.

Unfortunately I bought mine on Amazon, and by the time I cat5 wired my house to use it, I could no longer return it.

TiVo owes me a working unit!

I got mine off a Amazon Woot deal a while ago. Longer than the return policy. I just never tried to activate it until now and of course I picked the time when everything went wrong. I doubt they'll handle this either. They don't seem to be on the ball with it comes to this kind of stuff. I'm just gonna accept this as money wasted. Maybe if I activated it sooner I wouldn't be in this situation.

0 followers
Dec 27, 2017 at 8:55:01 PM  |  #49

Thank you winb83 for your posting.  Like you, I never tried to activate my Mini until after I finished wiring my house for it.  I too was tempted to accept my slowness as money wasted.  But TiVo is not a worthy charity, ...you can find better.  TiVo dishing a non functional product off on Woot/Amazon is not an acceptable solution for a product their engineers admit they know to be non functional. The "V70 cannot connect" software issue is recorded in Amazon reviews as far back as 2014. -Yours has never worked, not once, brand new, out of the box - ever!  Warranty is only an issue if the product functions from day 1 !!!

(Last Login: Dec 28, 2017 at 9:04:54 AM) setupinstallation
0 followers
Dec 28, 2017 at 9:08:39 AM  |  #50

Download & Setup and install Norton antivirus.If you still facing the same issue then www.norton.com/setup 

0 followers
Dec 28, 2017 at 9:14:15 AM  |  #51

Official McAfee To Get Instant McAfee Activate and Install www.mcafee.com/activate McAfee With Our Fast Service mcafee.com/activate help'

0 followers
Dec 28, 2017 at 9:19:18 AM  |  #52

Best Digital marketing company in India. website development company

0 followers
Dec 28, 2017 at 10:45:29 AM (Updated: Jan 13, 2018 at 3:49:36 PM)  |  #53

Laughing

0 followers
Dec 28, 2017 at 10:46:25 AM  |  #54
Your new A98 "Mini cannot find the DVR" and quite likely never will. It is an expensive non functional brick. This is a "known issue" according to TiVo engineers, ...since 2014 according to reviews on Amazon.  Customer support will likely send you an email saying all you need to do is force an upgrade to the required software version version 20.7.3 by going into Settings & Messages > Network Settings > TiVo Service Connection.  Is this just a stall to frustrate you? Of course they know this won't work, ...on their own software support page it says "IMPORTANT: After you begin Guided Setup, there is no way to exit until the process is complete."  This is correct, your Mini is stuck in an infinite loop.  TiVo engineers apparently can't force an upgrade from their end.

In my case I spent months stringing cat5 cable in my walls to support this system after I realized WiFi was not an option.  It is long past any return to Amazon but apparently I can still write my product reviews.  I have all the packaging and will happily send this new factory refurbished unit back to TiVo in exchange for anything used/refurbished that works - and will continue to work without returning to the Guided Setup loop.  Coincidentally, now that I have disconnected my DirecTV they are offering ridiculous deals to reconnect.  So TiVo, I am coming at you from all sides today and need to resolve this now in time to respond to DirecTV's offer.

TiVo needs to make this right.  I am not asking for much, just the working unit I paid for.

0 followers
Dec 28, 2017 at 10:53:43 AM (Updated: Jan 13, 2018 at 3:49:04 PM)  |  #55

Laughing

(Last Login: Dec 28, 2017 at 12:02:02 PM) masterng
0 followers
Dec 28, 2017 at 12:09:17 PM  |  #56
Thanks for sharing your experience with Tivo. Same problem here and there’s no Christmas presence from TiVo after a month of trying. What bugged me is TiVo doesn’t seem to know or acknowledge the issue and keep thinking we can advance pass the initial setup screen to force the Mini to connect to get the update. I think they need to take the unit back, update the firmware in house, and send it back to the consumers. All tech companies do that especially during the warranty period. We are talking about brand new units here, not refurbished or used units, so warranty must be provided and honored.
0 followers
Dec 28, 2017 at 5:28:51 PM  |  #57

I asked TiVo politely if I could exchange my unit in the box with original packaging for any old thing they had that worked.  The answer was no.  I asked if I could mail mine in at my expense and have them force the correct software upgrade on it.  Again, no.  They instructed me to do all the daily rebooting again for the infinite time - same process - and maybe someday expect different results.

TiVo, you win.  You have worn me down.  You have shown me that I shouldn't have the confidence in your company to invest any more of my time or money in your products.  Will the next software update mess up my system?  Probably not, ...but I have a really good idea how you will treat me if it does!  Sealed

(Last Login: Jan 7, 2018 at 1:54:41 PM) winb83
0 followers
Dec 29, 2017 at 5:11:03 AM  |  #58
Quote:
Originally Posted by menotivo View the original post

I asked TiVo politely if I could exchange my unit in the box with original packaging for any old thing they had that worked.  The answer was no.  I asked if I could mail mine in at my expense and have them force the correct software upgrade on it.  Again, no.  They instructed me to do all the daily rebooting again for the infinite time - same process - and maybe someday expect different results.

TiVo, you win.  You have worn me down.  You have shown me that I shouldn't have the confidence in your company to invest any more of my time or money in your products.  Will the next software update mess up my system?  Probably not, ...but I have a really good idea how you will treat me if it does!  Sealed

Like I said I've already accepted the fact this won't get resolved. The call with the customer service agent where they bumbled over having me do basic stuff I already did on my own let me know that. 

She's got me resetting my router while both the Tivo and Mini are clearly connecting to the network. No amount of power cycling hardware is going to fix this. It's a software error clearly and furthermore it's a design error on how they activate the product in the first place.

They won't service an out of warranty product. That's how the game is played. They already got your money. Perhaps when I update to Hydra I'll but a Mini Vox from someone like Best Buy and activate it immediately. At least then I can return it to a store if it doesn't work.

I learned a valuable lesson here. Never assume a product works. Always test inside the warranty / return period.

(Last Login: Jan 3, 2018 at 9:24:52 AM) chrisny9
0 followers
Jan 3, 2018 at 9:29:48 AM  |  #59

This is getting absurd now.  Clearly they can fix this because they have done it for others and even partially did it for mine but because some of the apps didn't work they had me send it back for a new one which doesn't work at all and hasn't since I got it over a month ago.   At this point Tivo either needs to fix this for all of us, give us full refunds, or upgrade everyone to the newer model (Not the vox which seems to have it's own issues), if not someone should look into the possibility of taking legal action to force their hand.

(Last Login: Jan 3, 2018 at 2:05:53 PM) jhussain
0 followers
Jan 3, 2018 at 2:26:02 PM  |  #60

Check out this FANCY Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer 

Say Good buy to shaky videos and blurred photos with our Smallest Yet Fancy Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer.Digital Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer|Futuregadget.co

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 1  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 170
First   |  Previous     Page 4 of 5     Next   |  Last
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this