TiVo Help forums

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Dec 8, 2017 at 11:41:03 AM) photo_pro
0 followers
Roamio OTA MOCA Install
Dec 7, 2017 at 1:07:48 PM (Updated: Dec 8, 2017 at 11:45:18 AM)  |  #1

I've been involved in A/V for 60 years and have used a MOCA network before. I must admit I am lost with this OTA unit.

I am attaching a layout of the system, could someone help to finish the connections? Thanks.

Attachments Attachments:
(Last Login: Dec 9, 2017 at 11:52:46 PM) kthaxton
0 followers
Dec 8, 2017 at 10:44:36 AM  |  #2

What's not working? I'm certainly not a pro, just getting into this myself but the only thing I can see is that the two mini's have yet to be hooked up either to the Moca line via the Bridge or Ethernet via the switch.

(Last Login: Dec 8, 2017 at 11:41:03 AM) photo_pro
0 followers
Dec 8, 2017 at 11:46:27 AM  |  #3

I have completed the connections as I believe they should be. Is this correct?

Attachments Attachments:
0 followers
Dec 8, 2017 at 4:25:27 PM  |  #4

Again, just a novice myself but everything looks right....very similar to mine actually (but I have only one Mini). What is the issue?

If you can't get it figured out, I've found better info over here: https://www.tivocommunity.com/community/index.php

0 followers
Dec 8, 2017 at 4:36:54 PM  |  #5

Deleted. Double post.

(Last Login: December 14, 2017 3:25 PM) krkaufman
krkaufman
0 followers
Dec 9, 2017 at 11:01:44 AM (Updated: Dec 9, 2017 at 11:07:55 AM)  |  #6

It's always helpful to have a diagram to work through MoCA setups, so kudos on that front. One suggestion would be to provide some annotation as to what devices are co-located, differentiating between coax and Ethernet, and identifying existing *and available* coax runs and connecting components. 

But, generally,the diagram looks good, as far as connections go, and enabling MoCA on your OTA antenna-connected coax lines.

Questions:

Is it possible to route your OTA antenna directly to the Roamio OTA, or must it route through that existing amp, either due to coax availability or because the signal requires amplification? 

Can you provide the brand and model number for that 4-way "MoCA Splitter/Amp"? 

How many coax outlets/runs are available at the Roamio OTA location? 

Do you require the raw OTA antenna signal at the TiVo Mini locations for direct connection to the TVs, or are you only looking for the Minis to deliver OTA content (tuned via the DVR and streamed to the Minis via the home network)?

Is the switch next to the Roamio OTA in the same location?

Comments:

The "PoE" MoCA filter on the incoming cable line to the modem is unnecessary, per the diagram, as there will be no MoCA signals present on that coax segment.

A truly MoCA-friendly, "designed for MoCA" amplifier (e.g.) would have a built-in "PoE" MoCA filter, so the amplifier (if that's what you have), as diagrammed, would not require a "PoE" MoCA filter on its input to secure MoCA signals from emanating from the antenna. Again, this is dependent on exactly what type and model device that 4-way is.

If the "PoE" MoCA filter *is* required at the 4-way, it is best installed on the input of the splitter/amp.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 19
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this