TiVo Help forums

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Dec 6, 2017 at 8:38:13 PM) bikernation
0 followers
Will Bolt On Wifi Work With MOCA?
Dec 6, 2017 at 8:44:24 PM  |  #1

I have a Bolt that is fed by wifi, can it feed a MOCA network to hook up a satellite Vox or does the Bolt have to be fed by ethernet? Do I need a Bridge to set up MOCA with the Bolt in this wifi setup? I read electronic data sheets for a living I defy anyone reading these instructions to easily set up MOCA. The instructions are semi-cryptic and are spread out over several locations.

(Last Login: Dec 7, 2017 at 10:40:36 AM) rashsund
0 followers
Dec 7, 2017 at 10:46:21 AM  |  #2

For some models, you will need a TiVo Bridge or other compatible MoCA network adapter.

Regards

Rashin Sundaran

Buy Backinks - Best Whitehat Links From $ 0.09

Tags Tags: Affordable SEO Services, SEO Services
(Last Login: Dec 12, 2017 at 9:21:09 AM) privateeye
privateeye
0 followers
Dec 7, 2017 at 12:25:12 PM  |  #3

Atlanta's Top Rated Local Private Investigator Atlanta - PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR ATLANTA - Offering Confidential & Discreet Private Investigator Atlanta, Investigative Services, Private Investigator Atlanta, Atlanta PI. Private Detectives Atlanta. Open 24/7 Call (770) 500-6461

Tags Tags: Private Detectives Atlanta, Private Investigator, private investigator atlanta
(Last Login: December 14, 2017 3:25 PM) krkaufman
krkaufman
0 followers
Dec 8, 2017 at 10:22:14 PM (Updated: Dec 8, 2017 at 10:24:52 PM)  |  #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikernation View the original post

I have a Bolt that is fed by wifi, can it feed a MOCA network to hook up a satellite Vox or does the Bolt have to be fed by ethernet? Do I need a Bridge to set up MOCA with the Bolt in this wifi setup? I read electronic data sheets for a living I defy anyone reading these instructions to easily set up MOCA. The instructions are semi-cryptic and are spread out over several locations.

No, a BOLT networked via Wi-Fi will not be able to enable MoCA bridging to link the BOLT and Mini VOX to your router. Such a setup typically requires a TiVo Bridge device at the modem/router location to establish a MoCA network on the coax lines, to which both the BOLT and Mini VOX could connect as MoCA clients (rather than the BOLT using wireless). For the BOLT to act as the MoCA bridging device, rather than the standalone TiVo Bridge MoCA adapter, the BOLT would require an Ethernet connection. 

But who's to say what's connected to the BOLT Ethernet port. TiVo officially requires any boxes part of a whole home setup to have a wired network connection, either Ethernet or MoCA, but there's no actual test run to verify said connectivity; many users have used standalone wireless bridges to connect TiVo boxes seemingly via Ethernet, but with the actual router connection being wireless.

The simplest and most effective solution, barring an Ethernet connection at the BOLT, is to install a MoCA adapter at the modem/router location to establish the MoCA network -- but alternatives are possible when getting all devices wired is just not possible.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 12
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this