TiVo Help forums

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Nov 15, 2017 at 1:33:06 PM) comprev
comprev
0 followers
Bolt Playback vs Recording Problem
Nov 14, 2017 at 10:10:42 AM  |  #1

My Bolt had this problem when I first got it, then I thought it was fixed. The problem has shown up again though in the last update or two. The best way to describe the problem is to use an example.

I'm watching ch 5 while the show is being recorded. Let's say it runs from 7-9. I'm behind real time, let's say I'm currently at the half way point in the show. The time is approaching 9. I have another show on ch 5 set to record starting at 9. When 9 arrives, the show I'm watching is aborted and I'm dumped into the new show that just started recording. The system should continue to play from the recorded file for the 7-9 show. To have been an hour back, I had to be playing from the file already anyway.

This problem does not occur if I first go to Now Playing and play the file directly. It only occurs if I turn on the TV part way through the show and back it up to pick up what I've missed. So, I'm watching from Live TV, but I'm far enough back that I'm playing from the file. If I don't have another show set to record, then when the show I'm watching finishes recording, it does continue to play from the file until I've watched it all. It should do the same thing when the next show starts recording.

Tags Tags: Bolt recording vs live tv
(Last Login: Nov 15, 2017 at 5:48:21 PM) tivosupport_rochel
tivosupport_rochel
Nov 14, 2017 at 8:31:35 PM  |  #2

Hello comprev! We're sorry to hear that you're having problems with your TiVo. Please try performing a manual connection to the TiVo Service twice. You can do this by going to TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Network Settings > TiVo Service Connection. Then, powercycle the device by going to TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Help > Restart Box. This usually fixes the issue. If not, I would suggest you give us a call so we can further investigate and provide resolution to this concern. You can reach our Customer support at 877-367-8486. Our phone support is available from Monday to Friday at 7am to 6pm PT and Saturday & Sunday, 8am-5pm PT.

(Last Login: Nov 15, 2017 at 1:01:02 AM) alok3600
0 followers
Nov 15, 2017 at 1:02:06 AM  |  #3

Hello use this webpage

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 15
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this