TiVo Help forums

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: November 18, 2017 2:41 PM) roybhood
0 followers
TiVo Mini guided setup can’t find DVR
Nov 13, 2017 at 9:15:01 PM  |  #1

i recently had a mini fail after 3 years of use. Called support and opted for an advanced exchange repaired unit. When doing guided setup on the new mini it connected to the internet downloaded the info and loaded it successfully. After selecting a name for it, it failed to find my dvr. Called support and they had me do all the troubleshooting steps and they finally said to let it sit for a few days and try again. Waited 4 days and still had the same error. Called back and they opted to send another mini; that arrived and I had the same problem. Called support again, more trouble shooting which included them saying my COX cable splitters were causing a problem so I replaced them and still had the same issue. Then support said they would send a third replacement mini. That arrived and I still had the can’t find dvr problem. Called again and got the problem escalated where the csr told me it was a known issue in their software that started around November 1st (when my problem started) and the number of effected units is growing. This csr finally said they have software engineers working on it and I have to wait a week or two to have them to fix it. They will not contact me and I just have to keep trying. Apparently it has something to do with transferring my lifetime service to the replacement unit.

I am not real pleased with this and am curious if anyone else is having the problem.

My setup is; Romeo Plus, 3 Mini’s, moca with the Romeo connecting to the internet with cat-5 network cable. All units have always worked great and the two mini’s that still work work in all locations The new mini will not work in any location whether using moca or network connections. I have forced the Romeo Plus to connect to the TiVo service more time than I can count before going through guided setup On the mini again.

Thanks for any input.
Roy

(Last Login: Nov 14, 2017 at 12:27:51 PM) idahosteve
0 followers
Nov 14, 2017 at 12:38:00 PM  |  #2

Roy,

Similar problem.  Just purchased two minis to add to a Roameo/Mini MoCA setup.  Added the first mini (V2) with no problems.  Tried to add the second mini (V1) in several locations and ran into the same problem you described (couldn't find DVR). 

Initial call to support didn't fix anything. Second call to support was a bit more informative. CSR originally indicated that the version 1 minis were no longer supported, but amended that to the software issue you described.  I didn't get a time frame for the fix, though she did give me an case number and told me they would contact me.  That remains to be seen.

Good luck, Roy.

Steve

0 followers
Nov 15, 2017 at 7:25:43 PM  |  #3
After letting the mini sit connected and forcing a connection on my DVR daily, it still does not find my DVR. It would be very nice if tech support would weigh in on this problem.

This should not be happening with TiVo products purchased from TiVo, especially when they tell you it is their problem.
(Last Login: Nov 17, 2017 at 2:42:43 PM) deebel
0 followers
Nov 16, 2017 at 2:21:43 PM  |  #4

I am having the same problem. I spend three calls with Tivo support. Did multiple re-connects on my main Roamio DVR per their guidance. Waited several days. Been through the setup at least 20 times. Always stuck on "can't find DVR". They finally said I have a defective Tivo Mini. But that doesn't make sense. The ethernet seems to work fine (everything is on CAT5) when it comes to connecting and registering with Tivo. I can ping both the Tivo Mini and the Roamio DVR from the local LAN. There's nothing to indicate any issue with the Tivo Mini hardware. I have two other Mini's working fine, so I know how to connect and use them. Wierd!

0 followers
Nov 16, 2017 at 10:28:09 PM  |  #5
It’s not your hardware, it is a software issue at TiVo. They admitted that to me and said they are working on it.

I have the exact problem as you do and try every day to connect my replacement mini after forcing a connection on my Romeo. TiVo has sent me three replacement mini’s and none of them will connect. I am almost tempted to purchase a NEW second generation mini and see if that will work.
(Last Login: Nov 17, 2017 at 1:28:33 PM) bhochstrasser
0 followers
Nov 17, 2017 at 10:24:48 AM  |  #6

I'm hoping the DVR Not Found issue for the A92 Mini --> Bolt (4 tuner) has been solved!  I ran through the setup this morning, and it took a much longer time to download the updates, which is different than the previous 10 days or so!  Then, it required a reboot, and finally, it was "applying the software update - could take an hour" when I left for work this morning.  I'll find out in a little while if it was successful, and I'll report back!

(Last Login: Nov 17, 2017 at 1:28:33 PM) bhochstrasser
0 followers
Nov 17, 2017 at 1:31:52 PM  |  #7

Great news!  I looks like whatever update they pushed out recently worked for my situation!  I am now able to complete the initial setup (MOCA) and everything is working splendidly.  New software version on my A92 Mini is: 20.7.2.RC26-01-6-A92

I'm a happy camper.

Laughing

0 followers
Nov 17, 2017 at 6:04:23 PM  |  #8
Even after the my Romeo did the update, my mini STILL does not find my DVR.

Please TiVo, let’s get this fixed. I have been without a functioning mini since November 1st.
(Last Login: November 18, 2017 4:25 PM) chrisny9
0 followers
November 18, 2017 8:45 AM  |  #9

Same here.  My bolt did the update but no joy for the mini, i even tried restarting the bolt and reconnecting 2x and still the same....I am connected via Ethernet not moca so not sure if that could have anything to do with it.  I can try going via moca later today but I need to move things around a bit to allow that to happen. 

Does TIVO monitor these boards?  A response from them would be much appreciated.

(Last Login: November 19, 2017 3:49 PM) tivosupport_ivory
tivosupport_ivory
0 followers
November 18, 2017 1:35 PM  |  #10

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. 

To isolate the issue, aside from the host DVR not found error message, is there an error code? Can you provide us the TiVo Service Number of your TiVo Minis. It's a 15-digit number. You can find it on the screen by going to TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Account & System Information > System Information or on the bottom of your TiVo Mini.

0 followers
November 18, 2017 2:46 PM (Updated: November 18, 2017 2:51 PM)  |  #11
The affected mini is number a92-0011-9095-c9f8. I have an ongoing case since November 1st and the number is 07416857.

I was told by two CSR’s and a supervisor that this a software problem on your end.

There are no error messages on the mini going through guided setup. It succeeds on all the connection steps and after that I get the screen “can’t find dvr’. You have sent me three replacement mini’s now and they all do the same thing. My other two mini’s work properly. All the trouble shooting steps I have taken are documented in my support case.
(Last Login: November 18, 2017 4:25 PM) chrisny9
0 followers
November 18, 2017 4:27 PM  |  #12

So I tried it over MOCA but still not fixed.  I called support again today and they said they are still working on it and they will contact me by email to give me an estimated timeframe for getting it fixed.  I will let you all know once I hear more.

(Last Login: November 19, 2017 3:49 PM) tivosupport_ivory
tivosupport_ivory
0 followers
November 18, 2017 5:56 PM  |  #13

Unfortunately, we do have an on-going issue with the TiVo Mini connecting to the host DVR. Be assured, we are still working to get this fixed. But, here's the thing, to isolate the issue, you might want to do the following: 

1. Unplug the TiVo Mini.

2. Unplug the main TiVo DVR.

3. Power cycle your modem and router.

4. Once your modem or router fully restarts, plug back in the main TiVo DVR.

5. Reconfigure the network settings by selecting the network type you use (Menu > Settings > Network Settings > Change Network Settings).

6. Force a connection to the TiVo service (Menu > Settings > Network Settings > TiVo Service Connection).

7. Plug back in the TiVo Mini VOX.

8. Force connect it to the TiVo service.

If these won't work, we recommend that you contact our Customer support to as this might be part of the known issue. You can reach them at 877-367-8486.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 30
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this