TiVo Help forums

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Sep 24, 2017 at 10:59:50 AM) gotbolt
0 followers
CBS All Access app
Sep 24, 2017 at 11:09:17 AM  |  #1

With Star Trek Discovery exclusively on CBS All Access, can we get an app added to the Bolt?

Tags Tags: Apps, CBS All Access
(Last Login: Oct 17, 2017 at 8:39:55 PM) tivosupport_ivory
tivosupport_ivory
0 followers
Sep 24, 2017 at 12:18:53 PM  |  #2

Hi gotbolt!

For the meantime, CBS All Access is not available in TiVo. But, many changes happened in TiVo because of important customers' suggestions and feedback. This link should work for you: http://advisors.tivo.com/wix/9/p2272893819.aspx 

(Last Login: Sep 25, 2017 at 7:47:40 PM) gpxguy
0 followers
Sep 25, 2017 at 7:48:39 PM  |  #3

your link does not work.  can you please repost a working link?  thanks!

(Last Login: Sep 28, 2017 at 9:51:05 PM) stsin
0 followers
Sep 28, 2017 at 9:51:26 PM  |  #4

Current link that I think the support person was trying to post is:  http://advisors.tivo.com/wix/5/p2272893819.aspx

http://research.tivo.com/suggestions/  was the real link that SHOULD redirect to wherever they move it next...

(Last Login: Oct 17, 2017 at 3:07:11 PM) jeffjdixon@gmail.com
0 followers
Sep 29, 2017 at 7:10:08 PM  |  #5

And please stop just replying with an url to request an enhancement. You guys should have smart people working and seeing how many new subscribers CBS All access had this past week.

(Last Login: Oct 19, 2017 at 4:44:33 PM) ohalfie
0 followers
Oct 2, 2017 at 12:06:19 PM  |  #6

Seems JeffD is the leader of the streaming complainers...so I'll repeat my thoughts on (and for) all the snowflake complainers:

Wow

I'm always amazed at how many snowflake complainers come out of the woodwork for stuff like this. 

Tivo was never built to be an all in one DVR, streaming, etc device. They do what the do and do it well. If you want streaming, do what millions of us already do and that is invest $35 (a bit more for 4K) in a true streaming device like Roku or Chromecast or similar. It's such a simple solution. I utilize 3 Roku TV's, a Chromecast Ultra, alongside a Roamio OTA and mini.  All work perfectly fine together.  I use a Harmony remote to control the set ups so not issues with juggling remotes.

The solution all of the complainers are wanting is readily available everywhere and for little extra cost and the solutions are from companies that their #1 priority is to allow cord cutters to stream with ease.

Tivo was never built to be a streaming service provider and never will, so I say quit complaining and tossing out phony threats of giving up Tivo just because they aren't jumping into the streaming world the way some of you apparently think they should.

Grow up and make use of other options that will do what you want to do. Quit complaining to Tivo about something they don't plan on investing in,you're sounding like a bunch of entitled snowflakes.

(Last Login: Oct 2, 2017 at 1:29:31 PM) stennivan
0 followers
Oct 2, 2017 at 1:31:06 PM  |  #7

I tried CBS All Access on my Sony XBR65A1E Google Play / Android TV app and I feel the video / sound quality, app features, etc are all sub par compared to what I am used to with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video, Vudu, HBO Now and more. On top of the technical deficiencies, they also play too many ads for something they want to charge $6 / month or $10 / month for no ads and just for the one show I wanted to watch. I think I'll wait for the show to become available through some other option.I got the free version from Appvn store.

(Last Login: Oct 2, 2017 at 4:28:57 PM) lanbo
0 followers
Oct 2, 2017 at 4:34:19 PM  |  #8

ohalfie, you're completely wrong. They DO intend to be a an all-in-one service. They even flat out state on their Bolt page "The only box you need on your TV stand." If they're going to bill their product as such, then they need to support all the apps. The only excuse they should legitimately be able to use is if the source owner won't allow them to. I too use multiple devices, however, one of the reasons I bought the Tivo was to simplify everything into 1 device because that's how they billed the thing. But I can't do that. It's also frustrating that I cannot use HBO Go since my service provider is DirecTV. I realize Tivo doesn't work with satellite but it's dumb that the Tivo has the HBO app but won't allow me to activate it since I have DirecTV.

(Last Login: Oct 6, 2017 at 1:52:01 PM) lancer033
0 followers
Oct 6, 2017 at 1:54:45 PM  |  #9

ohafie - right from TiVo's on webpage for the Bolt, right at the top....."TiVo BOLT: The only box you need on your TV stand"

(Last Login: Oct 12, 2017 at 9:01:04 AM) hainaut001@gmail.com
0 followers
Oct 12, 2017 at 9:04:01 AM  |  #10

It would be nice if you would get off your high horse. Yes, tivo was never intended to be a streaming device and I don't use it that way or try to. But I would like to record programs from CBS All Access just as I do from Netflix, Amazon and HBOGo. And I don't think that is too much to ask. I hope that this isn't a trend for Tivo. As it is, I had to purchase a Fire TV stick to get the lineup that I want. It's working great.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 365
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this