TiVo Help forums

First   |  Previous     Page 2 of 2     Next   |  Last
At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Oct 10, 2017 at 5:16:55 PM) jefftj
0 followers
Re:Can stream to Android, but not PC (all on same network)
Sep 12, 2017 at 1:50:20 PM  |  #16

Well, that's something I guess. At least they admit there is an issue. Thank you for the response.

(Last Login: Oct 4, 2017 at 11:43:13 AM) viking73
0 followers
Oct 4, 2017 at 11:41:23 AM  |  #17

I also have the same problem. I can stream 'my shows' to Android but not to my PC. I tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge under Win10 and Linux.

IF ANY TIVO SOFTWARE ENGINEERS ARE READING THIS...

Please review the attached packet capture. The tivo app in my browser posted a debug message to /tve/debug/log while I was trying to play a video. Maybe those messages (which are in the attached packet capture) will tell you something.

For example, there's a debug message in packet 196.

Then, at packet 247, there's an HTTP POST to /tve/play/saveposition/... which may be a request to actually play a video. Your server replies with an HTTP OK but then nothing happens....

Maybe there's a clue in this packet exchange that could diagnose *why* attempts to play a video just hang. Your app in the browser opens a window to play the video but the spinny cursor in that window just sits there spinning...

Note that the Tivo app in the browser properly shows the shows record in My Shows and that the 'Bandwidth test' under 'Help' *works* so I have connectivity (and loads of bandwidth) between my PC and the Tivo.

Attachments Attachments:
(Last Login: Oct 6, 2017 at 9:10:32 PM) riggo
0 followers
Oct 6, 2017 at 9:15:49 PM  |  #18

Now 2+ months of this issue and still no resolution.  Seems like we've all been told to go pound sand.

(Last Login: Oct 11, 2017 at 8:45:38 PM) dminbelv
0 followers
Oct 10, 2017 at 2:45:30 PM  |  #19

Same issue with my Bolt.  I can stream to my android TiVo app on a Kindle fire but can not stream from my Bolt to my laptop or desktop PC.  I can see my TiVo box which has my recorded shows and  I can browse the TV schedule but when I try to stream any content I just get the spinning blue loading circle.  My laptop is running windows 7 and the desktop is running windows 10.  I have tried firefox, chrome and internet explorer with the same results. I have contacted TiVo support several times and they have not been able to fix my problem.

(Last Login: Oct 10, 2017 at 5:16:55 PM) jefftj
0 followers
Oct 10, 2017 at 5:18:24 PM  |  #20

The annoying part is it used to work fine. Then they broke it for some unknown reason.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 1  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 105
First   |  Previous     Page 2 of 2     Next   |  Last
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this