TiVo Help forums

First   |  Previous     Page 10 of 10     Next   |  Last
At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Sep 14, 2017 at 11:35:43 AM) siggy455
0 followers
Re:Vile new color scheme!
Sep 14, 2017 at 11:38:07 AM  |  #136

I really wish the admins would block this moron.

(Last Login: Oct 8, 2017 at 11:13:21 PM) sir rush
0 followers
Sep 14, 2017 at 10:08:56 PM  |  #137
Quote:
Originally Posted by siggy455 View the original post

I really wish the admins would block this moron.

If that is your desire, then make your desire known, use the "More Options" and choose "Report Abuse".  It requires more than you alone to do.  Otherwise use your minds ability, and...

(Last Login: Oct 9, 2017 at 6:16:01 PM) wbrightfl
wbrightfl
0 followers
Sep 15, 2017 at 1:29:18 PM  |  #138

One thing I noticed here on these forums.  

Customers which aren't happy with the new UI, regardless of reason, are here posting their thoughts and dissatisfaction with the change.  The customers which like the change are quick to sling insults towards anyone which doesn't agree with them.  This is an open forum, a place for all opinions.  We can disagree about whether the new UI is an improvement or not, but in the end, everyone here is entitled to state their thoughts and should not be criticized if someone doesn't agree with them.

I personally do not like the new UI monochrome and flat look and feel.  To me this is a downgrade.  The menu changes I'm fine with.  Those of you which like the change I am happy you like it.  

In the future would I like an option to select a color theme for the UI, sure.  Will I see it, likely not seeing the direction TIVO is headed.  

I have not sold my TIVOs even thought I don't like the new UI.  When they die off will I replace them with new TIVOs?  depends on what the UI is like at that time. There may be alternatives I like better by then, who knows.  

(Last Login: Sep 19, 2017 at 12:15:51 AM) 4hemi
0 followers
Sep 17, 2017 at 2:19:20 AM (Updated: Sep 17, 2017 at 2:24:23 AM)  |  #139

I guess I'll add my dissatisfaction with the new UI to the list.
!st off... how hard could it be for them to have an option to use the old colors.
The "gray" TIVO character at the top of the menus may as well not even be there.
Since you can still change the colors for closed caption, it should be easy to add color options to the menu screens as well.

And last the "APPS" section... WT_!!!!
Do we really need a list of everything under the sun...

EXCEPT for "COMCAST ON DEMAND"... which is now missing??!

So of the 2 things I did use, Amazon Prime & Comcast on Demand (because I have Comcast) 1 is now gone.
The various "XFINITY on Demand" channels that are spread across the channel line up have NEVER worked in our area.  And per Comcast they "never will on a Tivo" and they have no plans to make it compatible...

However the "Comcast on demand" feature directly under Netflix & Amazon Prime on the old menu's  ALWAYS worked great.  But as stated before, now it GONE!!!!   POOF!!!   

Did the engineers at TIVO forget about it?? or did they decide to screw Comcast customers on purpose?

At this point it's not even a matter of waiting for my equipment to die...  If the "Comcast on Demand" "App" as they want to call it now Undecided isn't restored by Dec, there will be no point in renewing for another year.  I've had TIVO since my old DirectTV days 12+ yrs ago... and bought the Roamio as soon as it came out...

I was happy when they "Finally" added a Amazon Prime" option...

But now to remove the Cable Provider's "on demand" option is just plain unacceptable.

I'd say from reading this thread I get the feeling that whoever designed the BOLT UI is to blame.
And somehow had enough pull to force TIVO to "Spread the PAIN" to all the other platforms.

And I wish there was a way to shut off all the program Tiles that pop up all over the menu now.  I'm not fond of it on Amazon or Netflix, but deal with it... now they are showing up more and more on TIVO screens.  It's like they are designing everything for 5yr olds.... Got to see a tile so little Johnny can "point at the pretty picture"... oh boy.  Maybe try teaching little Johnny to READ so he can use a menu like the grown ups....  but I digress. Frown

Where is the Comcast On Demand "App" so that I can return the functionality I had for the last 5 or 6 yrs???

0 followers
Sep 17, 2017 at 3:23:18 PM  |  #140
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hemi View the original post

[...] The "gray" TIVO character at the top of the menus may as well not even be there.[...]

And last the "APPS" section... WT_!!!!
Do we really need a list of everything under the sun...

EXCEPT for "COMCAST ON DEMAND"... which is now missing??!

[...]At this point it's not even a matter of waiting for my equipment to die...  If the "Comcast on Demand" "App" as they want to call it now Undecided isn't restored by Dec, there will be no point in renewing for another year.  I've had TIVO since my old DirectTV days 12+ yrs ago... and bought the Roamio as soon as it came out...

I was happy when they "Finally" added a Amazon Prime" option...

But now to remove the Cable Provider's "on demand" option is just plain unacceptable.

I'd say from reading this thread I get the feeling that whoever designed the BOLT UI is to blame.
And somehow had enough pull to force TIVO to "Spread the PAIN" to all the other platforms.

Where is the Comcast On Demand "App" so that I can return the functionality I had for the last 5 or 6 yrs???

I'm not much of a fan of the programs either.  I also won't call them "Apps" because they are still computer programs.  I don't use the programs, because most of streaming is much lower quality than HD DVD, Blu-ray, and DVD.  I rent from Netflix because they still don't do high quality rerendering of movies.  I've been into video editing for years and I always do high quality stuff - never just transcode..which is what you can see in a lot of HD programming through Digital Cable and DirectTV if you know what you're looking for.

I've considered not renewing my annual, but I've been too busy to go seeking another replacement for TiVo Roamio.  I've also noticed the "skip" isn't working as well as it used to.  I've started noticing bugs, along with the horrible UI,.  Ah, well.

I've also wondered if the BOLT was the start.  I have other stuff happening in my life, that tracing their their history isn't so important to me...just bring back the pretty, bold as well as colorful mascot.

I might stop with the annual and go back to month to month.  That way, if they don't bring change to it...it's easier to leave this new TiVo.  Which I still don't want to do.

Haha, I agree...the interface looks like it's made for people 3 to 6.  That's exactly what I thought when I first saw Windows 8 and then 10, and then the Mac go that way.  They call it innovation, I call it color limitation.  In what way does stripping the color from things become innovation??  Well, I'm not stripping the bold and pretty colors from my home to fit this bland stuff.

Is there still a TiVo rep that is passing these messages along to the engineers?

(Last Login: October 20, 2017 10:26 AM) lpwcomp
0 followers
Sep 19, 2017 at 8:08:06 PM (Updated: Sep 19, 2017 at 8:10:42 PM)  |  #141

You might want to check under "Add & Manage Apps" since I still see  "XFINITY On Demand" in my list.

Your statement that "I also won't call them "Apps" because they are still computer programs." makes absolutely no sense.

(Last Login: Oct 19, 2017 at 4:44:33 PM) ohalfie
0 followers
Sep 28, 2017 at 10:12:15 AM  |  #142

Been over a month now! 

Everyone complaining of health issues still alive? Anyone needed to visit a doctor (eye, psychiatrist, or regular doc)? 

I'm betting everyone complaining is indeed still using their Tivo device(s) just as before and didn't "dump Tivo" like they threatened to the Tivo folks??

All is right with the world it seems and life indeed moved on just fine. :)

(Last Login: Sep 28, 2017 at 10:49:43 AM) briman1701
0 followers
Sep 28, 2017 at 11:06:15 AM  |  #143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohalfie View the original post

All is right with the world it seems and life indeed moved on just fine. :)

Clearly not, as you're still here with the need for bullying people.  People let their feelings be known and moved on.  You, on the other hand, seem to have the need to continually insult people.

(Last Login: Oct 1, 2017 at 1:14:48 AM) wew
0 followers
Sep 28, 2017 at 11:28:12 AM  |  #144

DoNotFeedTroll.png

0 followers
Oct 8, 2017 at 11:20:16 PM  |  #145

I don't know what that graphics is supposed to be.

"All is right with the world it seems and life indeed moved on just fine. :)"

Of course, there isn't anything wrong with the world.  I'm also not going to buy anymore TiVo hardware as long as the GUI remains.  I will continue my subscription.  Until I find a Box that has a better GUI and I'm able to remove commercials from my transferred files.  It's as simple as that.  I'm done with ugly GUI, I will not support further hardware by buying it.

(Last Login: Oct 9, 2017 at 6:16:01 PM) wbrightfl
wbrightfl
0 followers
Oct 9, 2017 at 6:23:39 PM  |  #146
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir rush View the original post

I don't know what that graphics is supposed to be.

"All is right with the world it seems and life indeed moved on just fine. :)"

Of course, there isn't anything wrong with the world.  I'm also not going to buy anymore TiVo hardware as long as the GUI remains.  I will continue my subscription.  Until I find a Box that has a better GUI and I'm able to remove commercials from my transferred files.  It's as simple as that.  I'm done with ugly GUI, I will not support further hardware by buying it.

This is my plan as well.  No new TIVO hardware if the UI is this monochrome/plain theme we have now.  I can get something like this using a DVR my my cable company, and enjoy on-demand content which I can't get using TIVO and cablecard.  My Premiere is pretty old, but still working well for now.  My Roamio isn't that old.  I am hopeful they roll out an update which allows to select the color theme.  Not difficult to do.  Keep the menus the same, but allow different color themes. I loved and praised the UI theme we just lost.  Now I'm not the TIVO fan I used to be with the current UI.  Oh well, I'm not selling my TIVOs, so stuck with the UI for now.  Just no longer recommending TIVO to friends.

(Last Login: Oct 17, 2017 at 7:44:14 PM) rohanchikkara
0 followers
Oct 17, 2017 at 7:52:05 PM  |  #147

do you want to download apk files directly? then check getapk market.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 2  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 373
First   |  Previous     Page 10 of 10     Next   |  Last
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this