TiVo Help forums

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Aug 16, 2017 at 8:08:20 PM) mkhuffman
0 followers
Update network/password settings for TiVo Network Adapter G?
Aug 11, 2017 at 1:21:16 PM  |  #1

Hi, I have a TiVo Premiere that was previously connected to the internet via the TiVo Network Adapter G.

I just replaced my Wi-Fi  router and assigned a new password. Now I can't find any way to update the network password for the Adapter G?

When I navigate on the TiVo to Settings>Network, it seems to think I'm connecting via a Network Adapter N, but the instructions there (connect to my Mac and access setup utility via web browser) don't work for the G adapter. There's no navigation option on the TiVo to select network or enter password as I believe there was in earlier versions of the Tivo software.

Are there different steps to edit the settings from my computer if I connect the G adapter via USB?

Please advise. Thanks!

Tags Tags: connect to network
(Last Login: August 21, 2017 8:47 AM) tivosupport_mae
tivosupport_mae
0 followers
Aug 11, 2017 at 6:54:08 PM  |  #2

Hi mkhuffman,

Okay, are your other devices ( ie laptops/computers, cell phone) able to see the wireless network? There may be a chance that the router has blocked certain ports that the TiVo will need to connect to your network or there can be settings on your router that are causing some devices to not discover it. What I would recommend first is contacting your router manufacturer to have them go over the setting on it with you to see if there may be something blocking access to your WiFi. Different devices do connect differently or need certain setting on the router to connect so that would be the best bet.

0 followers
Aug 11, 2017 at 8:31:58 PM  |  #3
Yes, all my other devices are able to connect to the new router/wifi network. Including a second TiVo Premiere, which uses a network adapter N. (In that case I was able to follow the directions to connect it to my computer via ethernet, and update settings through web browser.)

One other detail - when I go to Settings>Network>Change Network Settings, the Premiere connected to the G has 3 options: Modify Ethernet settings, Connect Using the TiVo Wireless N Adapter, and Modify Phone settings. No reference to a G adapter at all.
0 followers
Aug 16, 2017 at 8:14:28 PM  |  #4
Update- I was finally able to resolve this. I restarted the TiVo and when I went back into Settings>Network, an option finally appeared to change settings for a G adapter. From there I was able to enter the new network password.
Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 13
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this