TiVo Help forums

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Jul 16, 2017 at 5:50:15 PM) jml74
0 followers
roamios fail to see each other (sometimes)
Jul 16, 2017 at 1:26:10 PM  |  #1

I have a Roamio Pro in one room and a standard four-tuner Roamio in another (both CableCARD).  They're both plugged into a hardwired LAN, and sometimes can see each other, but frequently cannot.  There aren't any other connectivity issues with other devices on my LAN.  Why does this keep happening, and is there a way I can force them to rescan?  This is really frustrating, and all I get is the useless C243 error.

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Oct 17, 2017 at 8:39:55 PM) tivosupport_ivory
tivosupport_ivory
0 followers
Jul 16, 2017 at 3:03:21 PM  |  #2

Hi jml74

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues on your TiVo devices. The C423 error is a network connection error and probably that's the reason why your TiVo Roamio Pro and your TiVo Roamio 4-tuner are not seeing each other sometimes. To help you out on this, you can try these basic troubleshooting steps: 

- Make sure that all the cables are securely plugged in especially the ethernet cables connecting your TiVo devices to the router.

- To refresh the internet connection going to your TiVo devices, you can try power cycling your network by rebooting your router/modem.

- Power cycle both of your TiVo Roamios by unplugging their power cord, waiting 15 seconds, and plugging their power cord back in.

- Reconfigure the network on both DVRs. To do it, From TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Settings > Network > Change network settings     > Modify Ethernet settings > Get automatically from DHCP server.

Connect both DVRs to the TiVo service (Settings & Messages > Settings > Network > Connect to the TiVo service now).

- If connection to the TiVo service fails, verify that the IP addresses and ports needed to connect to the TiVo service are not blocked. You can contact your router manufacturer for assistance with this.

Let us know if these help. Thank you.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 17
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this