TiVo Help forums

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Sep 27, 2017 at 9:02:54 AM) terrestrial
0 followers
Using Medicacom TiVO with my TiVO OTA
Jul 10, 2017 at 9:10:19 AM  |  #1

I currently have a Tivo OTA and I am looking at adding Mediacom cable TV, they will provide their Tivo box with the cable tv service.

1)  Will I be able to share recordings between the two Tivo boxes.   

2)  Can I purchase a Tivo mini from you and use it with the Mediacom Tivo box,  they say I can but just want to make sure.

(Last Login: Oct 17, 2017 at 8:39:55 PM) tivosupport_ivory
tivosupport_ivory
0 followers
Jul 10, 2017 at 3:12:43 PM  |  #2

Hi terrestrial! 

Yes, you can be able to transfer your recordings from your TiVo Roamio OTA to the Mediacom device. That's the only way that our TiVo device works with Mediacom device. However, you would need a Mediacom specific Mini, to work with a Mediacom specific Host. TiVo Mini cannot use a Mediacom DVR as a Host.

(Last Login: Oct 10, 2017 at 2:59:27 PM) eherberg
0 followers
Jul 11, 2017 at 1:19:59 AM (Updated: Jul 11, 2017 at 2:25:12 AM)  |  #3

Since both boxes would need the same MAK to share recordings, how would this be possible?  The Mediacom TiVo won't be able to be added to his personal TiVo account, and his OTA can't be added to the 'cable' account.  Unless something has changed recently, cable-supplied Tivo's have not been able to be added to personal accounts.

tivosupport_ivory
0 followers
Jul 11, 2017 at 12:38:32 PM  |  #4

Hi eherberg

For both boxes to have the same MAK, the customer's Mediacom and TiVo account needs to be merged. This can be made possible by contacting TiVo Customer support. 

(Last Login: Sep 27, 2017 at 9:02:54 AM) terrestrial
0 followers
Jul 12, 2017 at 9:50:06 AM  |  #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tivosupport_ivory View the original post

Hi terrestrial! 

Yes, you can be able to transfer your recordings from your TiVo Roamio OTA to the Mediacom device. That's the only way that our TiVo device works with Mediacom device. However, you would need a Mediacom specific Mini, to work with a Mediacom specific Host. TiVo Mini cannot use a Mediacom DVR as a Host.

Am I limited to just transferring recordings from Roamio OTA to the Mediacom Tivo?  What I would like to be able to do is use the Roamio OTA to play a recording from the Mediacom Tivo.  If I can not do that then looks like my only option is to get a Mediacom Mini for my second TV.

tivosupport_ivory
0 followers
Jul 15, 2017 at 1:02:45 PM  |  #6

No, you're not limited to that. You can also do the transfer of your recordings from your Mediacom box to your TiVo Roamio OTA.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 24
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this