TiVo Help forums

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Mar 27, 2016 at 11:05:37 AM) drbobjr
0 followers
Transferring shows from Tivo 3 to Tivo Bolt
Mar 25, 2016 at 8:13:43 PM  |  #1

The salesman said this was easy and it looks easy, but I'm running into a problem. I go onto online.tivo.com and when I try the transfer, I get an error message that says my Tivo 3 is not connected to the network. But it is. I can see it on my router and I can ping it. I could even copy my Season pass entries over to the Bolt. But when I try to transfer actual shows, i get the error. I've rebooted too. I read that Tivo 3 is not compatible with online.tivo.com. Does that include transferring shows? Did the salesman lead me down the path? Is there another way to do this?

Thanks!!!  - Bob

(Last Login: Sep 16, 2016 at 3:15:08 PM) tivosupport_corina
tivosupport_corina
0 followers
Mar 26, 2016 at 11:44:07 AM  |  #2

Hello Bob,

You will be able to transfer your recordings from your Series3 TiVo device to your new TiVo BOLT, but you will need to initiate the process from the devices themselves, rather than TiVo Online. The process isn't too complicated, and we can walk you through it.

You will want to make sure both of your TiVo devices are hardwired to your home network via Ethernet or MoCA. If they are, you should be able to navigate to the My Shows menu on the BOLT. Once there, scroll down and you should find your Series3 device listed. Highlight it and select it, and this will bring up a list of the programs recorded on that device. Select the program you want to transfer, and then select "Transfer this recording." You can then use this process to transfer any or all of your recordings to your new BOLT.

You can find more detailed instructions and information about this process at https://support.tivo.com/SupportPortalArticleViewPage?artURL=/articles/Installation_Setup_Configuration/How-to-Use-Multi-Room-Viewing.

Let us know if you have any other questions about this!

(Last Login: Mar 27, 2016 at 11:05:37 AM) drbobjr
0 followers
Mar 27, 2016 at 11:07:23 AM  |  #3

Thanks, Corina. I found it. I have a lot of recordings so a "transfer all" would have been nice. This is going to take me a while. Maybe in the next software update?

Thanks again for your help!

- Bob

(Last Login: Dec 29, 2016 at 4:58:50 PM) tivosupport_sarah
tivosupport_sarah
0 followers
Apr 3, 2016 at 12:28:20 PM  |  #4

drbobjr, we are glad that you were able to get that working. We can certainly provide that feedback about transferring all at the same time to our developers. If you have any suggestions for feature updates or requests in the future, please feel free to use the link below at any time. We love to hear your feedback for improvements!

http://advisors.tivo.com/wix5/p2272893819.aspx

(Last Login: Jun 18, 2017 at 7:46:55 PM) carolsm
0 followers
Jun 17, 2017 at 6:06:06 PM  |  #5

I'm running into a network problem trying to transfer shows from a series 3 to my new Bolt. My series 3 machine is on a wifi network, also connected to the coax that constitutes a MoCA network for the Bolt (I have FIOS, so no Bridge). I don't know how to tell either machine to look for the other type of network, and they don't show up on each other's now playing list. The info about the Bolt also says it uses a wifi network, but it never asked for a password; and if I look in settings/network it just references the MoCA network, no possibility to make changes. How can I convince them to see each other?

(Last Login: June 26, 2017 11:34 AM) tivosupport_ivory
tivosupport_ivory
0 followers
Jun 17, 2017 at 8:02:30 PM  |  #6

Hi carolsm! We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your TiVo devices. Did it work properly before? Do you get any error message or error code?

0 followers
Jun 18, 2017 at 4:51:09 PM  |  #7

The Bolt is new, so this is the first try. Here are the details of my system:

--I have a wifi network that the series 3s are on, and the series 3s and he Bolt are on the same coax system.

--I don't know if series 3s can see MoCA---I don't have a Bridge as I have Verizon FIOS. 

--The Bolt literature says it uses wifi but I can't find which wifi network it is using (I have 2).

Today I ran an ethernet cable from the Bolt to the router of the wifi network the series 3s use. Now the series 3s finally show up on the Bolt's menu, but if I try to look at the shows on them, I get the message "shows could not be displayed because of a network problem." All machines show "a,a,a" on TiVoToGo.

(Last Login: June 26, 2017 11:34 AM) tivosupport_ivory
tivosupport_ivory
0 followers
Jun 18, 2017 at 7:24:21 PM  |  #8

It is good to know that your TiVo Series3 boxes are now showing on your TiVo BOLT's menu. 

As you have mentioned, you don't have TiVo Bridges connected to your TiVo Series3 boxes. That means, there is no MoCa connection going to your TiVo Series3 boxes. However, to isolate your concern, let's make sure to have a clearer view of the network setup on your TiVo devices. How are your TiVo Series3 boxes connected to the router? Are they wired through ethernet cables or are they wirelessly connected through wireless adapters? If they are connected wirelessly through wireless adapters, are you using wireless G or wireless N adapters for each of them?

0 followers
Jun 18, 2017 at 7:58:42 PM  |  #9

Ok, you've answered the question about the MoCA and the Bridge and series 3, which explains why this didn't work. I just connected an ethernet cable from the series3 to the same router the Bolt is connected to by ethernet, and now the shows appear on the list, and transfer. Since I only want to transfer the programs that are already recorded (future recordings will all be on the Bolt), the cable snaking through the house is temporary...

Thanks!

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 95
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this