TiVo Help forums

First   |  Previous     Page 2 of 2     Next   |  Last
At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: June 26, 2017 11:34 AM) tivosupport_ivory
tivosupport_ivory
0 followers
Re:Channel Linup is Incorrect
Jun 17, 2017 at 2:35:38 PM  |  #16

Hey mikeinct and judsonjak. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues again on your guide. Doing a Repeat Guided Setup on your TiVo devices again can resolve this. If this does not work, you will want to make another Lineup report through www.tivo.com/lineup or through reaching our support line at 877-367-8486 to further investigate this issue towards a resolution.

(Last Login: Jun 18, 2017 at 2:11:46 PM) judsonjak
0 followers
Jun 17, 2017 at 8:38:40 PM  |  #17

Hi.  Doing a Repeat Guided Setup does not help as the information that TiVo has downloaded is incorrect.  We had this same issue in May, and TiVo had to make a correction and send us the correct channel lineup.  Comcast has made changes in their channel lineup in some areas of our state (Connecticut), but it has not changed the the channel lineup in the New Haven area.  The change will not be in effect until June 22 in the New Haven area.  I have contacted the TiVo support but have pretty much given up hope of getting a correction sent to us.  Last month when this happened it took a week to get it fixed.  In a week Comcast will change the channel lineup in our area.  So, for now, we are just getting by with no program information for most channels and having most of our OnePass recordings not able to record as there is actually no station on the channel numbers that TiVo thinks are our stations.  TiVo sent a message on 6/16 showing what channels they changed everything from and to (over 100 channels).  I told this to Support when I spoke with them.  One issue is that TiVo has eliminated a few our stations so we cannot even check the box in the channel list  - for instance, AMCHD is on Comcast station 1805 in our area.  TiVo eliminated that station number in the channel lineup (thinking that AMCHD is some other number), so we cannot check the box in the channel lineup.  I am sure we are not the only 2 homes in the New Haven area of CT that have complained about this.  I have once again attached the Xfinity/Comcast channel list for our area (New Haven/Hamden, CT).

0 followers
Jun 17, 2017 at 8:45:19 PM  |  #18

I am attaching the list of dates for Comcast/Xfinity channel lineup changes for the towns in Connecticut.  

(Last Login: June 26, 2017 11:29 PM) moe123
0 followers
Jun 18, 2017 at 11:46:31 AM  |  #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by judsonjak View the original post

I am attaching the list of dates for Comcast/Xfinity channel lineup changes for the towns in Connecticut.  

Here in East Haddam the change was on the 15th. The pdf you included shows various dates for changes in CT. Looking at it, there must be a dozen different ones. Imagine having to redo the guide a dozen or more times. I chatted with comcast on the 15th and was told a mass mailing was delivered to customers about this. Ha, joke was on us as I received no notice, snail or e-mail. If you wanted to mess with a competitor, this might be a way to do it. I put this all on comcast.   Just one man's opinion.

0 followers
Jun 18, 2017 at 2:14:56 PM  |  #20

Yes.  We have not received anything from Comcast about the channel changes.  We saw info on NBC CT and got the dates from their website.  I agree that Comcast made it very difficult and don't understand why they are making the changes on different dates in the state.  However, it has been very frustrating dealing with TiVo on this and we have spent many, many hours trying to get our old channel lineup info back.  To no avail this time around.

(Last Login: June 26, 2017 11:29 PM) moe123
0 followers
Jun 18, 2017 at 8:28:27 PM (Updated: Jun 18, 2017 at 10:57:29 PM)  |  #21

I see the guide has been populated somewhat, they are getting along, and I still think we have the best service out there

(Last Login: Jun 23, 2017 at 12:37:14 PM) cjsimpson01
0 followers
Jun 23, 2017 at 12:42:38 PM (Updated: Jun 23, 2017 at 12:51:08 PM)  |  #22

Dear TiVo Support. Exactly the same issue here, but this time on Spectrum (TWC) in Santa Clarita. Today I woke up to see hundreds of channels DELETED, CHANGED, and ADDED incorrectly.

They're all wrong.

PLEASE NOTE: "Repeat Guided Setup" does not work (and also deletes the hours of work I put in checking and unchecking channels not in my subscription.) Please do not tell us to repeat guided setup.

Here's an example of the issue:

• You wrongly deleted HISTORY from 37
  • You added CNN to 37
  • You did not re-add HISTORY anywhere

But in reality:
  • Spectrum are still broadcasting HISTORY on 37
  • When I tune to 37, the TiVo guide and logo shows CNN but the broadcast programme is still actually HISTORY

The entire lineup change was wrong and pointless. 
Obviously all our OnePasses are now not working.

Question: Did you do this incorrectly premature due to an upcoming Spectrum lineup change or is this just an out and out error on your part or Zap2it's part?

Also, Zap2it shows the same new incorrect channels here just like my TiVo now shows. 

(Last Login: Jun 23, 2017 at 6:25:08 PM) jetspeedz
0 followers
Jun 23, 2017 at 6:26:10 PM  |  #23

This is a complete and unmitigated disaster that Tivo has created.

I spent hours on the phone with Spectrum yesterday and they were going to send someone here but I didn't believe it was an equipment problem. I spent several hours on the phone with offshore Tivo support since you can't get anyone form the USA on phone support anymore.

They had the audacity and gall to blame Spectrum when after 2 hours on the phone going through guided setups a supervisor finally got on the phone and admit this has nothing to do with specturm and it was a problem Tivo created by updating their software and as a result they had to change the meta data in the back end which affected the ID head and thus caused all kinds of issues with the guide. To make matters worse those on 91387 can switch o 91385 which comes up as SD channels not HD even though it makes no difference b/c they send everthing as 1080i but this causes the OnePass channels to be wrong and the only way to fix this is by Manually deleting those Onepasses and creating new ones from scratch. This means for those like myself who have hundreds of Onepass shows, hours of manually creating them again.

I sent this to support and waiting for a lame response!

Tivo, changed the meta data of channels in their software and had the audacity to blame Spectrum. I called Spectrum and they said they made no such changes. As a result of Tivo making these changes all the channels in my guide were no longer valid. Now that Tivo migrated all the channels to a new Zip code as a result over 100 OnePass shows channels are not broken and do not reflect the proper channel. I had to spend over 2 hours on the phone and finally a supervisor from the Philipines admitted this is not a Spectrum problem and it was a Tivo problem all along. What is worse she has told me that I must go through the 100+ OnePass shows and individually one by one delete them and add them again because Tivo is too lazy to create a script linking the meta data with the proper channels of OnePass. This is absolutely incomprehensible and irresponsible of Tivo to make such changes at the expense of the customers. I want someone with common sense to explain to me why these changes were made and why Tivo is not fixing this problem they created by migrating the zip code from 91387 to 91385 which completely broke the guide in 91387 and completely ruined the OnePass shows. This needs to be addressed and fixed by Tivo as far as I'm concerned.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 65
First   |  Previous     Page 2 of 2     Next   |  Last
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this