TiVo Help forums

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: May 23, 2017 at 9:07:14 AM) mikeinct
0 followers
Channel Linup is Incorrect
May 17, 2017 at 7:32:29 PM  |  #1

Please correct the channel lineup in my area. I did tivos work and printed a channel guide from Comcast so they can see what the correct channel numbers are for the guide.

(Last Login: May 20, 2017 at 4:33:03 PM) tivosupport_ivory
tivosupport_ivory
0 followers
May 17, 2017 at 8:30:30 PM (Updated: May 17, 2017 at 8:33:22 PM)  |  #2

Hi mikeinct

We do apologize that you're having issues with your Channel Lineup. However, doing the Repeat Guided Setup on your TiVo device can fix this. If you haven't done it yet, you can just go to TiVo Central, then, for BOLT: Settings & Messages > Help > Reset to Defaults > Repeat Guided Setup, for Roamio, TiVo Mini: Settings & Messages > Help > Restart or Reset System > Repeat Guided Setup, and for Series3 and earlier: Messages & Settings > Restart or Reset System > Repeat Guided Setup. Please make sure to provide the correct zipcode and to select the correct cable provider. If this doesn't work, you will need to report this Lineup issue either through visiting this link: www.tivo.com/lineup or through contacting our phone support at 877-367- 8486.

(Last Login: May 23, 2017 at 1:07:17 PM) judsonjak
0 followers
May 17, 2017 at 10:16:10 PM  |  #3

We are having the same problem.  We got a message showing all the channels that have been changed by TiVo.  However, Comcast did not change the programming to those new channels.  For instance, we still get Bravo on Comcast channel 1332.  TiVo changed Bravo to 1463.  If we go to channel 1463 we get a message that "this is not a station provided by our cable provider" (or something like that).  TiVo changed about 150 channels - none of which are correct.  We did do the repeat guided setup.  But since Comcast did not change their lineup of stations, the setup only unchecked the stations we do receive and checked the ones we do not.  Now all our Seasons Passes are incorrect because they are recording on the wrong stations.  I called the customer support but after 30 minutes on hold waiting for a representative, he did not understand the problem.  The problem is that the information TiVo is using for our cable lineup is not correct - it is not consistent with Comcast's cable lineup.  We also went onto Xfinity and checked our lineup and it has not changed.  We are VERY frustrated.  We are in the New Haven area in Connecticut. 

TiVo -  please change our channels back so we can record again.  Many of the programs we record have their season finales this week and we are not able to set up recordings. 

Tags Tags: channel lineup incorrect, in CT
0 followers
May 18, 2017 at 8:37:11 AM  |  #4

Thanks so much for help clarifying the issue judsonjak! I have been trying so hard to get it through the TiVo support people this is NOT an issue on our side but the guide info they are pushing down to our TiVo's is incorrect. Every time I talk to a TiVo rep its the same canned response "restart your TiVo" "repeat guided setup". I don't know what else to do at this point. I've never seen such bad support in all my life. I used to brag how good TiVo and their support people were. Wow! have things changed. If anyone from TiVo is reading this please fix our guide! Without the correct guide info TiVo is useless and theres no need to have one.

(Last Login: May 26, 2017 10:52 AM) tivosupport_mae
tivosupport_mae
0 followers
May 18, 2017 at 1:34:57 PM  |  #5

Hello mikeinct and judsonjak. We apologize for the inconvenience, but this issue has already been resolved. So what you want to do to Repeat Guided Setup is go to TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Settings > Help> Repeat Guided Setup. This should already fix it. In the event that it doesn't, you can fill out a quick report at www.tivo.com/lineup or contact our Support line at 877-367-8486.

Hours of operation
Monday - Friday, 7 AM Pacific Time to 7 PM Pacific Time
Saturday - Sunday, 8 AM Pacific Time to 6 PM Pacific Time 

0 followers
May 18, 2017 at 3:13:03 PM  |  #6

It has not been resolved it anyone from TiVo had bothered to look at the Comcast channel guide I posted against the channel guide that was pushed down to my TiVo they would see that.

0 followers
May 18, 2017 at 8:18:09 PM  |  #7

This is still not resolved.  We did everything TiVo has told us to do.  However, TiVo is convinced that Comcast/Xfinity has changed the cable lineup of channels in our New Haven, CT area.   IT HAS NOT.  We have confirmed with Comcast that the channels are the same as they have been and no changes have been made.  We still should get NBC CT (WVIT) on 1004 not 1030 as TiVo is saying.  Bravo is still channel 1332 on our cable - not 1463 (which has nothing on it) as TiVo now says.  At the moment, except for ABC and CBS, all our HD stations in our OnePass are incorrect and nothing will record unless we do a manual recording.  Then the program info is incorrect.  Our premium channels are no longer available to us as they should be in the 1900 range and those no longer exist on the TiVo channels.   We have called and we have gone on the on-line chat.  We cannot be the only people in our area with this problem.  As there are 150 channels that are now incorrect, the quick form is not helpful.  PLEASE someone from TiVo - check with Comcast and see that your programming is incorrect for New Haven, CT, Comcast.

0 followers
May 18, 2017 at 8:22:04 PM  |  #8

I have attached the Xfinity/Comcast cable channel also.  TiVo - PLEASE see that this info does not agree with what you are sending down to us.

0 followers
May 19, 2017 at 11:08:24 AM  |  #9

The Comcast/Xfinity channel lineup change for New Haven area of CT (including Hamden) is scheduled to change June 22, 2017.  There are changes that took place in other areas of Connecticut in April.  However, the area we are in WILL NOT CHANGE UNTIL JUNE 22.  PLEASE - TiVo - check with Comcast and send us our existing channel information.  We have spoken with a supervisor at TiVo support who seems to understand the issue, but getting this process to speed along would be greatly appreciated.

Tags Tags: channel lineup incorrect, TiVo downloading incorrect info
(Last Login: May 26, 2017 10:52 AM) tivosupport_mae
tivosupport_mae
0 followers
May 19, 2017 at 1:35:20 PM  |  #10

I am so sorry this is happening. "Known issue" has been re-opened since I have already submitted and escalated this to our lineup department. Unfortunately, I do not have a time frame for resolution just yet. Rest assured that we are working on finding a causation and resolution for this.

0 followers
May 20, 2017 at 2:44:05 PM  |  #11

This problem has been resolved!  Thank you!  The correct channel lineup was sent down yesterday from TiVo which corrected the problem.  TiVo info now agrees with the Comcast info.

0 followers
May 23, 2017 at 9:16:25 AM  |  #12

Yes, thanks TiVo support. However, I just received a mailing from my cable provider Comcast/xfinity about the channel changes that will be taking place on or around June 20. I just ask TiVo to please pay careful attention to our area that these changes roll out correctly so we can avoid these previous issues.

Thanks Again.

0 followers
May 23, 2017 at 1:16:50 PM  |  #13

Per the Comcast/Xfinity website, the channel lineup in the New Haven, CT, area is scheduled to change on June 22, 2017.  I have included a list of towns in Connecticut and the dates the channel lineup  will change.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 35
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this