TiVo Help forums

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: May 19, 2017 at 10:35:53 AM) jpiszcz72
0 followers
TIVO Roamio - Missing channels (CNNHD, ScienceHD) with Comcast Cable Cards
May 19, 2017 at 10:40:53 AM  |  #1
Hello,

I have a two Tivo Roamios (good signal 82-90+% according to the signal meter); however, there are several channels that don't work, a couple of those are:

1. CNN HD
2. Science HD

I see the following error on these channels:
Searching for a signal on this channel.  (V52)
Press SELECT for help

These are two separate boxes (SAME model) and I have tried 5-6 cable cards to no avail.
What's strange is sometimes on the weekend or during the early morning the channels work but they are corrupted (blocky looking picture). How is it ALL of the channels work except around 6-7 that have this issue?  I have also tried 3 different splitters and that has not made any difference either:

1. Street -> 1 splitter -> Roamio1, Roamio2

Additionally, Comcast also started offering channels 1,000+ which TIVO does not support (e.g. the channel guide) but I also checked for CNN HD, etc up there too, same problem.  I just checked the signal for CNN HD and it was 0 where the other channels are 85-90%+ (the bar is totally green at the bottom).  Do these channels run on a frequency the TiVo cannot decode/or has a problem with?

Has anyone run into this issue before or gotten it resolved?

Thanks!

Justin.

Tags Tags: cablecards, Comcast, Roamio
At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Aug 18, 2017 at 5:30:50 PM) tivosupport_shawlly
tivosupport_shawlly
0 followers
May 19, 2017 at 1:35:58 PM (Updated: May 19, 2017 at 1:52:32 PM)  |  #2

Hi jpiszcz72

These channels doesn't run on different frequencies. There are also no channels that can't be read by your TiVo DVR's unless it can't be read by your cablecard. Remember that TiVo DVR's are very dependent on your cable service provider's cablecards. However, I would like to ask if you called your cable service provider and have them pair and unpair 5-6 different cablecards that you've tried to use on your DVR's?

Your program guide is a different story. I suggest that your reach our phone support in that case. So that we can create a lineup report for you and have it updated as soon as possible. You can reach us at 877-367-8486 from Monday - Friday, 7am-6pm PT and Saturday & Sunday, 8am-5pm PT.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 19
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this