TiVo Help forums

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: May 12, 2017 at 10:06:32 AM) audiamondag
0 followers
No dot or period key on Roamio remote
May 12, 2017 at 5:37:21 AM  |  #1

Just got my new TiVo Roamio OTA. Why does the remote have no dot or period key for digital channels?  How do you change to, for example, channel 16.3? All I've figured out is to 

1) enter 16

2) TiVo goes to no channel

3) Hit Channel UP key twice

Since the dot or period key is missing, I tried entering 1602.  But I get "Channel not available".

What is the solution?

Why is the required key missing?

Thanks.

Tags Tags: changing digital channels, dot key, period key
(Last Login: Jul 27, 2017 at 12:49:23 PM) krkaufman
krkaufman
0 followers
May 12, 2017 at 11:11:47 AM  |  #2

It's there, but it's not optimally placed.

Look just above the Advance button, "->|", and you'll see a dash enclosed in parentheses... "(-)". That's the separator for entering digital subchannel numbers.

(Last Login: Jun 21, 2017 at 12:14:44 PM) tivosupport_rochel
tivosupport_rochel
May 12, 2017 at 12:21:10 PM (Updated: May 12, 2017 at 1:36:30 PM)  |  #3

Hello audiamondag, there is no way to input a point or a dot using your TiVo Remote. You can use the dash (-) instead. When entering your channel number you can press the Advance button, it's just above the green D button to input dash. The dash (-) will act or function as the point or dot for your channels.

(Last Login: Jul 27, 2017 at 12:49:23 PM) krkaufman
krkaufman
0 followers
May 12, 2017 at 12:36:55 PM  |  #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tivosupport_rochel View the original post

You can use the dash (-) instead. When entering your channel number you can press and hold the Advanced button, it's just above the green D button to input dash. The dash (-) will act or function as the point or dot for your channels.

Entering the subchannel separator "dash" is not a "press and hold" action; it's a simple press.  (And, FYI, the official button label is 'Advance,' not 'Advanced.' See the remote control layout details 3 pages from the end of the BOLT or Roamio Viewer's Guide​.)

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 49
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this