First   |  Previous     Page 1 of 2     Next   |  Last
At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: May 9, 2009 at 2:19:07 PM) cnh395
0 followers
Some transfers have been interrupted....the system cannot find the file specified
May 8, 2009 at 8:23:48 PM  |  #1
[Archived]  

My Tivo & Tivo Desktop Plus worked fine for a month.  I transferred and watched many programs. But now when I connect from Tivo Desktop and choose a file the transfer/transfers fail immediately.  The status bar (next to Tranfer Status) has a triangle warning sign/exclamation with the insciption "Transferring X file(s)...Some transfers have been interrupted.

If you press the "Transfer Status" button there is a a red X by the titles and an explanation in the information box that says "The system cannot find the file specified."

I installed the software on another PC and have the same result.

The network is fine...the list of recorded programs on the Tivo displays and I can select programs just fine.

Any ideas?

(Last Login: May 9, 2009 at 8:30:46 PM) sam9475
0 followers
May 9, 2009 at 8:31:14 PM  |  #2
[Archived]  

I am having this same exact problem.  Anyone have a solution? 

(Last Login: Dec 6, 2010 at 11:01:57 PM) kpennock
0 followers
May 11, 2009 at 1:00:17 AM  |  #3
[Archived]  

I'm having the same problem, almost immediate transfer interrupted. Was working fine for a week on my new machine. I tried Uninstalling, running the Tivo Desktop Cleaner and rolling back to a previous version, also to no avail. Still dead in the water, though I can connect to the DVR and see the recordings on it and have plenty of bandwidth on the wireless network, 54MBps on an 802.11g router. Let me know if anybody finds a solution to this. I can't find a good number for Tivo either.

Setup - Tivo HD DVR

PC:

Processor: Core i7 (Dual 2.6Ghz)

RAM: 6 GB Tri-Channel

(Last Login: October 25, 2014 5:00 AM) ggieseke
ggieseke
May 11, 2009 at 7:22:59 AM  |  #4
[Archived]  

Have you tried cold booting the TiVo by unplugging it for at least 30 seconds?

0 followers
May 12, 2009 at 5:08:43 PM  |  #5
[Archived]  

I did a restart of the Tivo, it seems to be working now. I'd call that a design defect. Do you know if there is a development team e-mail for Tivo to go?

(Last Login: October 25, 2014 5:00 AM) ggieseke
ggieseke
May 13, 2009 at 8:28:56 AM  |  #6
[Archived]  

There's no way to contact them directly, but I'm glad it's working now.

(Last Login: Oct 18, 2009 at 4:36:26 PM) 2muchcoffeegirl
0 followers
May 16, 2009 at 9:12:34 AM  |  #7
[Archived]  

Thanks...I have had this problem twice...I hope it works.  On the earlier problem I could transfer stuff to the desktop via another TiVo, but this does not work on this most recent occurence of the problem.  Unfortunately, version 2.7 seems to do this about once a month.

(Last Login: Jul 1, 2009 at 1:37:51 PM) msummerone
0 followers
May 30, 2009 at 2:59:28 PM  |  #8
[Archived]  

I too had the same problems..Some transfers have been interrupted....the system cannot find the file specified; computer missing on and off from the now playing section of tivo.  I tried all solutions and the only thing that worked for me was to return tivo to version 2.6.2, unplug tivo, reboot computer.  Now everything works fine.  Good luck to all.

(Last Login: Jul 1, 2009 at 9:31:02 AM) staffantj
0 followers
Jul 1, 2009 at 9:35:44 AM  |  #9
[Archived]  

We have 4 computers on a Netoipa-hosted wireless network, some Windows XP, some Vista, and yesterday all 4 computers hit the same problem *simultaneously* (all 4 running desktop 2.7). Changing from a WEP to a WPK wireless network has not helped.

This really does look therefore as if it's a problem on the TiVo end (maybe caused by some behaviour of desktop 2.7).

Much as I am loath to do so, I will reboot the TiVo box as others have suggested and see if that clears the trouble - if not I guess downgrading to 2.6.2 would appear to be the next thing to try.Undecided

(Last Login: Dec 7, 2009 at 6:48:53 PM) mike kelley
0 followers
Jul 1, 2009 at 9:56:01 AM  |  #10
[Archived]  

Folks,

I can tell you without a doubt in my mind this is a 2.7 version problem.  I never had any problems until I upgraded to that version and then I've had all listed here (and then some).

Going back to version 2.6.2 solved it all and is something I would *strongly* recommend (2.7 is Not Ready for Prime Time, to use a TV analogy :>)

(Last Login: Jul 24, 2009 at 6:09:57 PM) jah'n
0 followers
Jul 1, 2009 at 9:44:28 PM  |  #11
[Archived]  

Unfortunately (for me) the roll back to 2.6.2 does not always work.  I have tried this and still get "transfer interrupted" errors, which lead to partial transfers.  I transferred shows for a couple of years with no problem until I installed version 2.7.  The problem is definitely on the Tivo end of things.  There are simply too many people with exactly the same issues.

Does anyone know of another 3rd party software that will transfer shows?  I'm running out a space on my tivo's hard drive, because I can't make Tivo Desktop work.

0 followers
Jul 2, 2009 at 3:06:05 AM  |  #12
[Archived]  

Like I said I tired the roll back to no avail. It's gotten to the point that I just reset the Tivo weekly that seems to help.  

0 followers
Jul 2, 2009 at 3:07:06 AM  |  #13
[Archived]  

Though I think that is refelective of a design defect.

(Last Login: Sep 30, 2009 at 2:04:51 AM) icemanruss
0 followers
Sep 30, 2009 at 2:11:37 AM  |  #14
[Archived]  

It is a Tivo Software problem.  I know a few people in the I.T. industry, and they told me that Tivo knows of the problem, but has not come out with a patch yet.  Instead they are waiting until the next version of Tivo Desktop comes out. 

On a funny note, Tivo says not to ever do a hard or cold down (unplug tivo for 20 sec then turn it back on).  They claim this will harm the unit.  Funny how the one thing they say not to do is the only solution we have found.  I have done this probably 6 times now, and everytime it fixes the problem.  I even tried going back to version 2.6.2 desktop.  But once you have loaded version 2.7 on your computer, the problem will still be there.  Trust me. 

So the only real solution until the next desktop software comes out is to unplug your unit every 3 weeks.  It will resolve the problem.

(Last Login: Oct 31, 2009 at 10:56:55 AM) t.t.t
0 followers
Oct 3, 2009 at 9:14:27 AM  |  #15
[Archived]  

I believe I may have the same issue. Here's the thread on what I have tried.

http://forums.tivo.com/pe/action/forums/displaythread?rootPostID=10445830

For whatever reason, unpluging the unit doesn't seem to be a lasting solution for me. It was failing the next day.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 3240
First   |  Previous     Page 1 of 2     Next   |  Last
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS