At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Oct 3, 2009 at 1:40:43 AM) hesdantheman
0 followers
NO POWER ON/OFF SWITCH???
Sep 10, 2009 at 10:12:19 AM  |  #1
[Archived]  

This is going to seem like a real dumb question. I got my first TIVO this past Tuesday. I got the TIVO HD and so far it seems to be running beautifully and I only use Antenna Broadcast. I'm enjoying it immensly.

My question is there is NO Power On/Off Switch? So the machine stays on 24/7 and never powers down? When television is not in use should TIVO be set to TIVO Central or on one of the 2 digital tuners?

I worry about the tuners burning out by being on all the time, is this a valid worry or not?

This is all new to me and I was wondering. If I go away for any length of time does the TIVO stay on and running, what??? I don't want to do anything to cause my TIVO to burn out.

Please inform - thank you!

(Last Login: Apr 23, 2014 at 1:06:19 PM) jrm01
jrm01
Sep 10, 2009 at 11:42:52 AM  |  #2
[Archived]  

The TiVo is designed to run 24x7 and that is what it does.  Both tuners are always recording all the time, either scheduled recordings, suggestions or just the 1/2 buffer.

Some people put it in Standby (menu option) at times.  It still will record scheduled recordings and buffer, but it does save a little power (not much).

If you go away for a few weeks most people leave it on so that it will record all Season Passes while your away.  If you don't have any (unlikely) you can just pull the power plug while you are gone.

Quit worrying and just enjoy the TiVolution.

(Last Login: Oct 3, 2009 at 1:40:43 AM) hesdantheman
0 followers
Sep 10, 2009 at 5:44:32 PM  |  #3
[Archived]  

Thank you so much for your response. I will take your advice and "quit worrying and just enjoy the TIVOlution"! 

I definitely think TIVO is one of the most awesome inventions! Especially with the new season starting up and so many shows on at one time! 

Thank you! 

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 4207
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS