At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: May 2, 2014 at 1:25:34 PM) ronny
0 followers
No Longer Converts to iPod
Feb 21, 2009 at 12:45:33 PM  |  #1
[Archived]  

I have a PC (XP) running Tivo 2.6.2 and it will no longer convert to iPod format. I right-click and tell it to convert but nothing happens. I tried reinstalling the software, no luck. I deleted the Tivo desktop software and reinstalled, no luck. Strangely, the desktop software tells me there is a new version but it's the same one I have. I downloaded it and reinstalled it anyway, no luck.

Any suggestion?

Ronny

(Last Login: Mar 1, 2009 at 11:37:52 AM) sunburstsgirl
0 followers
Feb 26, 2009 at 2:18:48 AM  |  #2
[Archived]  

If you get the answer to this one, let me know.  I was converting fine the other day, now no messages, no nothing, it just doesn't convert anything.  Its really weird.  If you find out let me know and if I do I will let you know.

Marie

(Last Login: May 2, 2014 at 1:25:34 PM) ronny
0 followers
Feb 26, 2009 at 3:52:24 PM  |  #3
[Archived]  

I finally figured it out. In upgrading, the priority that XP gives to the conversion had been set to the lowest setting so it was taking literally overnight to convert a single movie. I upped the priority. It still is not fast but it no longer takes so long that I assume it is not working.

Ronny

(Last Login: Mar 1, 2009 at 11:37:52 AM) sunburstsgirl
0 followers
Mar 1, 2009 at 11:43:34 AM  |  #4
[Archived]  

I noticed if I close everything, including Tivo and look at my task manager, the transcoderhost.exe  running my cpu at 99, if I end the task the converting starts up, even though transcoderhost pops right back up.  I tried making transcoder top priority and lower priority but on mine it didn't help.  Just weird that ending the task even when it just pops back up seems to get the converting going again.  I doubt this helps but at least we both have our converting working again. 

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 1558
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS