At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: May 22, 2009 at 2:48:34 AM) stevens
0 followers
Getting info for wrong channel lineup
Apr 6, 2008 at 8:52:10 PM  |  #1
A few weeks ago I called tech support about a rebooting problem with my Series 3 with 2 CableCards. The Tivo tech support rep figured out that it was a problem with the CableCards that was causing the reboots. So I called Comcast and had them reset my CableCards. This fixed the rebooting problem, but I had to go through the guided setup again.

It asked for my zip code (94086) and then asked if I was receiving the TV Guide channel, which I was.

However, it seems to have the wrong lineup. The Comcast web site shows two possible digital lineups for my zip code: "Comcast -Sunnyvale (Digital)" and "Comcast - Sunnyvale (Digital - Rebuild)". It appears I'm getting the "Digital - Rebuild" lineup, because I get DiscoveryHD on 750, HistoryHD on 758, and History on 62.

However, the TiVo program guide finds History channel programs on 277, which is not a valid channel for me, but is the History channel listed on the "Comcast - Sunnyvale (Digital)" lineup.

If I tune to channel 750, I get DiscoveryHD, but the TiVo "info" button says something like "to be announced".

I'd like to repeat that I answered the questions correctly, as far as I know, during the guided setup.

It's been doing this for several weeks now. How do I get the correct channel lineup?
(Last Login: Jul 26, 2014 at 12:31:36 PM) bbasiliere
bbasiliere
Apr 7, 2008 at 12:51:19 AM  |  #2
You can go into messages and settings and select the channels option. Once there you can press enter to select a different lineup. Follow the on screen instructions. If you are still unable to get the correct lineup you can report lineup problems here: http://customersupport.tivo.com/LaunchContent.aspx?CID=5dfd1795-4928-424b-8008-9

Let me know if you still have problems.

Barry
0 followers
Apr 8, 2008 at 2:43:39 PM  |  #3
Ok, that solved the problem. However, one thing I did differently is that when it showed me a channel and asked if it was the TV Guide channel, I selected the "I'm not sure, show me a different channel" option. Then it went through a half-dozen other channels. I made sure to pick the "I'm not sure..." option unless I was absolutely sure I was seeing the channel specified. Now it has the correct lineup.
(Last Login: May 6, 2008 at 12:40:28 PM) duhfool
0 followers
May 6, 2008 at 12:53:33 PM  |  #4
I too live in the 94086 zip code, but even after going through the setup multiple times on both the Series 3 and HD, my channel line-up is incorrect and filled with "To be announced".
This makes it really hard to record any sports games right now.

I have digital premiere, so I get almost all the channels.
I would say that anything over 710 is incorrect.
ESPN and ESPN2 are listed as 734/724 when they are 724/725.
TNTHD, USAHD, have no programming listed.

This has gone on for about a month now and even though I submitted several channel changes, nothing is still changed.

I feel that the setup guide is useless because it only asks about two SD channels, which I do get (TV Guide and Food Network).
0 followers
May 6, 2008 at 2:51:30 PM  |  #5
When the setup guide asks you about the TV Guide and Food Network channels, answer: "I'm not sure, show me a different channel." Eventually it will ask you about other channels that will make a difference.
Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 1375
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS