At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Feb 3, 2008 at 5:05:20 PM) chip718
0 followers
Stuck on the "Almost There. Just a few minutes more..." screen.
Jul 28, 2006 at 1:11:12 PM  |  #1
Hello. My Tivo seems to be stuck on the "Almost There. Just a few minutes more..." screen. Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks.
(Last Login: Jul 16, 2011 at 11:48:21 AM) liandy
0 followers
Jul 28, 2006 at 2:21:22 PM  |  #2
I had the same problem with my original HUMAX DVD burner Tivo Box. It was busted so I returned it to Best Buy and got a new one. If you bought a HUMAX box out in a Long Island Best Buy, you probably have mine. Tell it I said Hi!
(Last Login: Jul 20, 2014 at 7:29:17 AM) sinanju
sinanju
0 followers
Jul 28, 2006 at 4:00:44 PM  |  #3
Have you pulled the plug for a minute and tried again?
(Never Logged In) rjw3
0 followers
Aug 2, 2006 at 1:50:48 AM  |  #4
Mine just started rebooting and locking up the other night and so far the only way I can get it past the "Almost There. Just a few minutes more.." screen is to unplug the wireless adapter, and then it will start up. The second I plug the wireless adapter back in, it will lock it up or cause it to reboot. Very annoying since nothing has changed, it just decided to start doing this.
(Never Logged In) tisha
0 followers
Aug 9, 2006 at 8:06:11 PM  |  #5
I recently just started to experience this same issue. Our Tivo -- first generation Series 2 Tivo branded unit -- recently started to restart on its own during playback of recordings and then started doing it during live TV. Today we noticed it restarted and has been stuck at "Almost There" screen. We don't know how long it's been doing it today, but at least for 45 minutes now.

I've also tried unplugging and replugging the unit. I should probably call Tivo to see if there was a recent software update to my Tivo that might have caused it.

I'm also using wireless to connect to Tivo for updates, but with a Netgear adapter.

I did read somewhere that the Tivo branded wireless adapter was causing similar issues.
(Last Login: July 23, 2014 3:48 PM) bbasiliere
bbasiliere
Aug 9, 2006 at 8:48:54 PM  |  #6
You can try removing the adaptor and then unplug the TiVo for 30 seconds and then plug the power back in. If the TiVo boots up from there then plug the adaptor back in.

Let me know if that works.

Barry
(Never Logged In) piokor06
0 followers
Nov 28, 2006 at 12:45:45 AM  |  #7
I just tried this and it worked perfectly, thanks!
(Never Logged In) johnadams
0 followers
Dec 20, 2006 at 8:37:41 PM  |  #8
I did this and it still took several minutes to reboot the next time around. Also, it still reboots itself randomly for no aparent reason. It just freezes and then reboots. I'd love to find a solution.
(Never Logged In) bayspice
0 followers
Feb 14, 2007 at 9:26:13 AM  |  #9
(Never Logged In) tisha
0 followers
Feb 14, 2007 at 11:39:11 AM  |  #10
I ended up having to replace the harddrive. Now it works fine.
(Never Logged In) linuxfreak72
0 followers
Feb 18, 2007 at 12:15:06 PM  |  #11
How did you replace the hard drive? Where can I go to do this?
(Last Login: Jul 20, 2014 at 7:29:17 AM) sinanju
sinanju
0 followers
Feb 18, 2007 at 12:33:17 PM  |  #12
Details cannot be discussed here. The easiest option is to purchase a preformatted disk from www.weaknees.com. Details can be found there.
(Never Logged In) tjbirk
0 followers
Feb 18, 2007 at 6:17:48 PM  |  #13
I have the same problem.

i just called Humax and if you put a DVD in your system you need to pull it out and reboot it. Note: dvd is stuck in system during reboot so you will need to pull the flap down and manually pull out dvd. once out then reboot.
(Never Logged In) amberellison@gmail.com
0 followers
Mar 26, 2007 at 8:35:59 PM  |  #14
We had the same issue except that we were not able to manually force the DVD out. My husband removed the housing cover and unplugged the connection to the DVD that's labeled interface on the inside. He plugged the Humax back into the power and was able to eject the DVD from the tray...after everything rebooted he plugged the interface back in, replaced the cover, and everything worked.
Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 5996
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS