First   |  Previous     Page 2 of 9     Next   |  Last
At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Sep 24, 2014 at 3:19:24 AM) bar22mike
0 followers
Re:Tivo controller stops working while watching Netflix
Jul 9, 2013 at 8:35:41 AM  |  #16

I have experienced the frozen black screen after watching a Netflix show. Pressing the remote buttons does not do anything and after about 1 minute, the Tivo system reboots. I have never used CC in either live TV or Netflix.

Yesterday, I tried something else to resolve the issue based on older Netflix issues I read yesterday. I disconnected and reconnected Netflix from my device and then watched 2 Netflix shows and was able to use all remote functions normally during these shows as well as exit from Netflix back to live TV.  Previously after watching 2 Netflix shows, I experienced the freezing and black screen problem but not after disconnecting/reconnecting Netflix.

I'll try watching Netflix again today and post my results either later today or tomorrow.

(Last Login: Sep 24, 2014 at 3:19:24 AM) bar22mike
0 followers
Jul 9, 2013 at 1:56:39 PM  |  #17

UPDATE

I watched one show on Netflix. During the first 5 minutes, remote functions (pause, FF, etc) worked but about halfway through remote functions ceased. At the end of the show it locked on the black screen but I was able to get back to the main Tivo menu and live TV. It appears disconnecting/reconnecting Netflix has no effect on this problem.

(Last Login: Jul 9, 2013 at 4:17:07 PM) nomadpro
0 followers
Jul 9, 2013 at 4:23:00 PM  |  #18

This definitely started after the last update.  

Before the update I never had an issue with the Netflix app.  Since the update, it happens 95% of the time.  Once the I see that the closed caption has frozen then I know none of the buttons will work.  It can happen within minutes of starting a show or sometimes last for 20 mins before all the issues occur.  

(Last Login: November 28, 2014 1:45 PM) tivosupport_kaitlyn
tivosupport_kaitlyn
Jul 10, 2013 at 10:11:01 PM  |  #19

nomadpro, can you please send me a Private Message with your TiVo Service Number and the title to this thread?

(Last Login: Oct 4, 2014 at 11:39:58 AM) sbiller
sbiller
0 followers
Jul 14, 2013 at 3:43:38 PM  |  #20

This problem has occurred multiple times while binge viewing "Orange is the New Black" episodes this weekend. My Premiere is connected via the TiVo Wireless-N adapter. PM already sent to Kaitlyn with my TSN. 

(Last Login: Sep 18, 2013 at 3:00:29 PM) fts_santafe
0 followers
Jul 15, 2013 at 8:01:56 PM  |  #21

Just upgraded to a Tivo Premier. Having the same netflix subtitle freezes along with remote freezes.  Tivo is directly connect via Ethernet through a router to the ISP

tivosupport_kaitlyn
Jul 16, 2013 at 2:54:34 PM  |  #22

TiVo Customer's,

We are aware of the issue with subtitles and Trickplay losing during Netflix playback, currently we are investigating this issue and in order to speed up the investigation please send a Private Message to myself with your TiVo Service Number and the title of this thread. You can also report your experience to our Support team through any one of the following forms of communication:

functionality
Customer Support Line at 877-367-8486
Chat team at http://support.tivo.com/app/chat/chat_launch
E-mail team at http://support.tivo.com/app/ask.

Thank you,

Kaitlyn

(Last Login: Jul 31, 2013 at 8:10:53 PM) nbi
0 followers
Jul 16, 2013 at 3:16:45 PM  |  #23

I've had these problems since activation on 7/8. Yes, I already sent a PM.Cry

(Last Login: Sep 18, 2013 at 3:00:29 PM) fts_santafe
0 followers
Jul 17, 2013 at 12:28:43 AM  |  #24

Another observation.  Streaming Netflix, had a ClosedCaption on and it froze; however, my iPad Tivo App was still able to stop an restart the program.  The CC was still frozen until I returned to the main menu->My Shows->Netflix->the program->Resume

The rest of the program played fine.

tivosupport_kaitlyn
Jul 17, 2013 at 3:51:38 PM  |  #25

TiVo Customer's,

We are aware of the issue with Closed Captioning and loss of Trickplay during Netflix playback, currently we are investigating this issue and in order to speed up the investigation please send a Private Message to myself with your TiVo Service Number and the title of this thread. You can also report your experience to our Support team through any one of the following forms of communication:
Customer Support Line at 877-367-8486
Chat team at http://support.tivo.com/app/chat/chat_launch
E-mail team at http://support.tivo.com/app/ask.

Thank you,

Kaitlyn

(Last Login: Oct 4, 2014 at 11:39:58 AM) sbiller
sbiller
0 followers
Jul 17, 2013 at 9:18:50 PM  |  #26

Kaitlyn, 

Just to clarify, we are talking about a loss of all control, not just Trickplay during Netflix viewing. With that said, I'm still able to exit Netflix entirely and regain control of the Premiere box. The point is it is more than just Trickplay. 

Thanks,

Sam

(Last Login: Jul 19, 2013 at 8:02:03 PM) cessnapilot
0 followers
Jul 19, 2013 at 8:11:48 PM  |  #27

I have been having the same problem too..  It's NOT a wireless network problem.. I'm wired to a 100mb switch, and have 15mb downstream Business class Comcast Internet.  The streaming works fine, no jittering, etc..  The problem (other than the Netflix app loads SOOOO SLOW) is that while watching a show, the captions will randomly freeze.  It happens probably 95% of the time, but not 100%, and definitely not all at the same time.  I've been catching up on TV shows, so I'm watching shows that are maybe 45 minutes on Netflix.. sometimes it happens in 5 minutes, sometimes 30, etc..

After it happened a few times, I realized that it seems to also mean the remote stops responding COMPLETELY, except for the TiVo button to exit..  Cant pause anymore, cant rewind, etc..   If I hit Tivo, and then go through the menus again to reload Netflix again, it'll be good again for a while, but if it died the first time, usually it will do so again.

-Steve

(Last Login: Jul 21, 2013 at 5:11:59 PM) stasi
0 followers
Jul 21, 2013 at 5:21:23 PM  |  #28
I have sent an email to TiVo also, but I am having issues with the TiVo Netflix connection also. Hangs, slow to load Netflix then when I have tried select a movie on Netflix, TiVo goes completely black. Sometimes it will go back to the main control, others, I just have to turn off the tv. It is very frustrating!
(Last Login: Jul 27, 2013 at 1:24:32 AM) jakerome
0 followers
Jul 27, 2013 at 1:28:10 AM  |  #29

Ugh. That's great you're aware of the issue. Wouldn't be such a big deal if it didn't take several minutes to relaunch the Netflix app. So much for the promise of "One Box." Going to dust off the Apple TV just to watch Netflix since it's increasingly frustrating watching on TiVo. One less reason to recommend the service.

(Last Login: Aug 8, 2013 at 2:09:14 AM) aspecht
0 followers
Jul 27, 2013 at 3:44:23 AM  |  #30

Update

It seems if I push the pause button for a second and then push it to start up again every 10-20 minutes, I can watch Netflix like normal. If I forget I have to use the Tivo button to get out of Netflix and then get back in but, over the past 2 weeks I've watched almost 3 dozen different shows and have only had the freeze problem happen 3 maybe 4 times.

I watched 19 episodes of League of Gentleman (highly recommend) and the 2 episodes where I forgot to push the pause button I had to use the Tivo button to get out of Netflix and then go back in. The ones where I remembered it worked just like normal.

I watched 3 episode Great Expectations and forgot to pause in the middle episode and had to use the Tivo button.

I also watched 12 episodes of Black Books plus the entire Hunger Games movie and some zombie movie and I must have paused it every once in a while, because I don't remember having to use the Tivo button.

I usually wait about 5 minutes into the program, then just make sure to pause every 10-20 minutes then I have control over the show and can pause for breaks, ff, rew whatever.

Anyway, that's been working for me and I hope it works for others. It's not ideal but it beats having to reload Netflix every episode for TV shows. It might also help if you're a Netflix addict like I am. lol

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 7   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 2563
First   |  Previous     Page 2 of 9     Next   |  Last
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS