First   |  Previous     Page 1 of 4     Next   |  Last
At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Dec 24, 2013 at 5:04:35 PM) bryaninphx
0 followers
Losing all Channels & Reboots since the 20.3.1 SW Update
May 26, 2013 at 5:18:34 AM  |  #1

Since the 20.3.1 SW Update, I am experiencing the following.

Losing all Channels on my Elite, (Black-No Audio) has happened to me 3 times now since receiving the latest update, 20.3.1

All remaining SD Menu screens (used in the HDUI) also have a Black background

TiVo message is "Problem with the signal on this channel. Trying again. (V53).

I never had this issue before, or rarely ever noticed it.

I also have had a few spontaneous reboots, that I never used to experience.

(Last Login: August 1, 2014 11:20 AM) tivosupport_kaitlyn
tivosupport_kaitlyn
May 26, 2013 at 8:03:31 PM  |  #2
bryaninphx, have you talked to TiVo Technical Support at all? I'm curioius what your cableCARD diagnostics and signal strength all say so we could further determine where the issue is. You can test your signal strength Press the TIVO button and select Settings & Messages (or Messages & Settings) > Account & System Information > DVR Diagnostics.
0 followers
May 26, 2013 at 9:00:41 PM (Updated: May 26, 2013 at 9:15:40 PM)  |  #3

Signal Strength is always great between 88 to 94 and SNR is 35-36

This issue has nothing to do with actual signal strength and is well documented, I just had never experienced this issued before the latest SW Update 20.3.1
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=476691

I preformed the 911-Clear and 777-Clear and forced two connections, and filed a support ticket # 130525-XXXXXX

tivosupport_kaitlyn
May 29, 2013 at 2:46:32 PM  |  #4

Bryaninphx, Do you ever receive an error message? Does ejecting and reinserting the cableCARD resolve the issue? Does a powercycle of the TiVo device resolve the issue?

0 followers
May 30, 2013 at 2:33:37 AM  |  #5

The Error Message is "Problem with the signal on this channel. Trying again. (V53). - Message on all channels.

I have not attempted to remove the CableCARD.

A Reboot does resolve the issue.

I have not experienced another event since I originally posted this.

(Last Login: Dec 13, 2013 at 12:24:28 PM) northalabama
northalabama
0 followers
Jun 10, 2013 at 9:45:58 PM  |  #6

ok, this happened to me tonight, 20.3.1, only a few channels have error "Problem with the signal on this channel. Trying again. (V53)", most other channels are fine.  i'm with comcast, no sdv or ta.

removed m-card, unplugged, booted w/o card, reinserted m-card, channels restored.  this will get old quickly if it happens regularly.

tivosupport_kaitlyn
Jun 12, 2013 at 2:36:30 PM  |  #7

northalabama, this could have been a one time occurance, if the issue continues or you experience it again please call TiVo Customer Support so we can file a ticket for you.

Please contact us again if you have any questions or concerns and we would be happy to help you.  If this is urgent please contact us via Chat support or customer support over the phone.  The number for TiVo Customer Support is 1-877-367-8486.  They are available Monday - Friday, 7 am-7 pm PT and Saturday & Sunday, 8 am-6 pm PT.

(Last Login: Dec 13, 2013 at 12:24:28 PM) northalabama
northalabama
0 followers
Jun 12, 2013 at 11:10:32 PM  |  #8

kaitlyn, i appreciate your quick response to my concerns. i placed a call to customer support, and the technical assistance rep had no idea what the error meant, and he didn't have any information on the error number. he was very professional, polite, courteous, and persistent, and spent a good deal of time researching and requesting assistance from others, without success.

as far as i know, a ticket was never filed. towards the end of the call, he did feel confident it was not a cable issue, and recommended against a call to my service provider, but this was a guess based on the symptoms and familiar wording of the error, not on documentation from tivo.

i will monitor the situation, and will call back if this happens again. i only ask that more information be passed to the front line reps that take calls. this would make customers feel more confident in tivos ability to support their products. thanks.

(Last Login: Jun 27, 2013 at 9:13:52 PM) rty7354
0 followers
Jun 27, 2013 at 9:28:45 PM  |  #9

I've had the same issue on and off over the last month and the randomness of it is really annoying. I've had my cable provider (Comcast) out to verify the signal strength. The signal is great and the noise levels are good. I finally contacted TiVo tonight and explained the situation to them. After a brief troubleshooting session over the phone I was told that my TiVo box needed to be replaced and since it was out of warranty I will have to pay a replacement cost. I purchased the box on 9/24/11. My box is less than two years old and I don't have faith in paying for a device and possibly having the same issue happen again. I love my TiVo service but I'm very disappointed in the hardware especially since I pay a monthly fee on top of purchasing the box. I will be switching back to the Comcast box and canceling the TiVo service this weekend.

(Last Login: Jul 17, 2013 at 3:40:29 PM) samray
0 followers
Jul 16, 2013 at 2:08:15 PM  |  #10

We had the same problem to the extent that we had the V53 message for all channels that the 4 tuners were set to. It began about 12 hours ago and the Tivo was unable to record anything. This is the Tivo in my mother's room so I did not know about the problem until now. The signal strength was good but the RS Corrected and RS Uncorrected were quite high for 2 or three of the 4 tuners. We have another Tivo that had no problem. I restarted the one with the problem and that fixed the problem. The RS Corrected and RS Uncorrected are now zero for all tuners.

0 followers
Jul 16, 2013 at 2:12:05 PM  |  #11

We had the same problem to the extent that we had the V53 message for all channels that the 4 tuners were set to. It began about 12 hours ago and the Tivo was unable to record anything. This is the Tivo in my mother's room so I did not know about the problem until now. The signal strength was good but the RS Corrected and RS Uncorrected were quite high for 2 or three of the 4 tuners. We have another Tivo that had no problem and the cable company's non-DVR receivers have been working. I restarted the one with the problem and that fixed the problem. The RS Corrected and RS Uncorrected are now zero for all tuners.

tivosupport_kaitlyn
Jul 17, 2013 at 3:10:42 PM  |  #12

samray,

What exactly is your signal strength, and your SNR. We would like to know the diagnostics to help identify if this is a known issue or if this is something that can be resolved within your home setup.

Also, what is the make/model of your cableCARD. Press the TIVO button and select Settings & Messages (or Messages & Settings) > Account & System Information > DVR Diagnostics.

Thanks,

Kaitlyn

0 followers
Jul 17, 2013 at 3:48:01 PM  |  #13

We have two Tivos that we use. I checked both of them; they both have a signal strength of about 90 for all tuners and a SNR of about 36 for all. I do not see where the cablecard manufacturer is shown in the DVR Diagnostics but the cablecard status in the cablecard menu says "man: motorola" for both. I do not see a model. They are both recording at the moment so I will not pull out the cards. I will later if necessary but if you can be specific about where to get the cablecard model from Tivo then that will help.

(Last Login: Jul 21, 2013 at 2:28:57 PM) douglobb
0 followers
Jul 21, 2013 at 2:32:54 PM  |  #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tivosupport_kaitlyn View the original post
I'm having the same v53 issue. It started yesterday. At least that is when we noticed it. 

Cox Louisiana is the cable provider. 

Signal strength is 89
SNR is 35

samray,

What exactly is your signal strength, and your SNR. We would like to know the diagnostics to help identify if this is a known issue or if this is something that can be resolved within your home setup.

Also, what is the make/model of your cableCARD. Press the TIVO button and select Settings & Messages (or Messages & Settings) > Account & System Information > DVR Diagnostics.

Thanks,

Kaitlyn

(Last Login: Nov 24, 2013 at 10:28:05 AM) ntp66
0 followers
Jul 22, 2013 at 8:30:21 AM  |  #15

I've been dealing with the "Problem with the signal on this channel. Trying again. (V53)" TiVo error since May, personally. Like everyone else who has seen this error, it all started after the 20.3.1 update. In case this helps others, I have already done the following:

• Replaced the Verizon FiOS ONT with a brand new unit
  • Replaced all coax with brand new RG6
  • Replaced the Motorola M-card
  • Replaced the entire TiVo Premiere (twice, if you include last night's support ticket)

My signal strength on all four tuners is always between 83 and 89, SNR is always between 33 and 35, and RS Corrected/Uncorrected is always at 0. When TiVo sent me my first replacement Premiere, the V53 issue did not appear - until, once again, the 20.3.1 update was installed. Then, I saw it within 24 hours (and every single day since then.

The technician I spoke with last night said that both he and his supervisor believe that it's not a software update related issue, which only tells me that they're not qualified to troubleshoot this issue (one reason I'll be calling back today at 10am). This issue has cost me to lose nearly a dozen recordings, and each time the TiVo engineers respond to my escalated ticket, they ask me the same exact questions that I've answered numerous times over. The technician last night went as far as to say that my DVR diagnostics numbers must be wrong - nevermind the fact that my other two TiVo's (HD models) have similar numbers and no problems, and my Cisco FiOS cable box has similar numbers. Verizon did line testing twice, and everything is great.

TiVo needs to step it up here, because this issue is affecting a LOT of people (see the TiVo Community forums for other examples), and continuing to simply blame it on the customers' own hardware, despite plenty of evidence otherwise, is simply wrong.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 1   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 5008
First   |  Previous     Page 1 of 4     Next   |  Last
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS