At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Jun 23, 2014 at 8:41:30 AM) wholesaleforless
0 followers
C133 error ... UNKNOWN is having trouble connection to the TiVo service
Dec 31, 2012 at 12:29:37 AM  |  #1

I just connected a new TiVo (after 3rd one had an ongoing #86 error issue).

Took 3+ hours to set up ...

Now it's finally set up and seems to recognized that the TiVo is active.

However, when I try to access any function (search, apps, etc.) ... I get The UNKNOWN is connected to the internet but is haiving trouble connecting to the TiVO service (C133) ... try again in a few minutes (which doesn't help).

(Last Login: October 31, 2014 11:57 AM) tivosupport_kaitlyn
tivosupport_kaitlyn
Dec 31, 2012 at 6:53:16 PM  |  #2

wholesaleforless,

1. Unplug your network adapter for 15 - 60 seconds. Plug it back in, then force a connection to the TiVo service.

2. Make sure your wireless network is operational and you have sufficient signal strength where the box is located. See How to configure network settings on your TiVo box for instructions.

3. Verify you entered the correct the correct name of your network and/or the correct encryption key or password.

4. Powercycle your network devices, then force a connection to the TiVo service again.

5. Powercycle your box.

(Last Login: Jan 13, 2013 at 9:57:52 AM) ccegelske
0 followers
Jan 13, 2013 at 9:59:00 AM  |  #3

I keep getting this problem almost every hour...  why should I have to do this each time I want to use the box?  I'm a little frustrated after spending nearly $1000 on brand new tivo boxes to replace the boxes I've had for 10 years.

(Last Login: Jun 23, 2014 at 8:41:30 AM) wholesaleforless
0 followers
Jan 13, 2013 at 1:35:12 PM  |  #4

I exchanged the box and haven't had that particular problem.

(Last Login: Oct 24, 2013 at 10:17:50 PM) lindsey1954
0 followers
Oct 24, 2013 at 10:23:34 PM  |  #5

I experienced this same problem with a TiVo Roamio.  The cause of the problem turned out to be my having my wired home network's internet connection being run through a router set up to utilize a virtual private network (VPN), which worked fine with my TiVo Series 3 and 4 devices..

The cure was to set up the Roamio to utilize it's built-in wireless interface to connect with my city's free Wi-Fi service (I intentionally don't have a wireless router).

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 12142
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS