At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Nov 25, 2012 at 1:49:55 PM) willowa
0 followers
Channel Guide Reset - Stops Loading Info
Nov 17, 2012 at 9:07:34 AM  |  #1

Problem started with guide information not showing all programmed shows, randomly showed upcoming shows (so I could not record any shows).  I verified that my non-TiVo televisions where receiving the channel info to ensure that my cable provider was not the issue - my other televisions show the channel info.  Anyway,  TiVo support instructed me go thru the steps to completely reset the cable guide for my area code, but it did not fix the problem.  Then Tivo had me change to an area code far away to totally reset my tivo box, but the final screen "Getting Program Info" and the final step "Loading Info" could never finish and got stuck at 99%.  I let it run for hours with no change.  So, I unplugged the tivo box, ran thru cable guide setup  using my area code and still gets stuck at 99% even after letting it run overnight.  I've unplugged and tried several times and gets stuck at 99% for loading info on "getting program info".  I never get an error message.   I am now waiting for customer support to come on-line. Any suggestions?

(Currently online) ggieseke
ggieseke
Nov 18, 2012 at 7:07:11 AM  |  #2

There's an option in the restart menu called Clear Program Information & To Do List.  It will erase the entire guide database and start over from scratch, and if your database is corrupted that should fix it.

The bad news is that it will wipe out your Season Passes and Wishlists too, so write them down first.

0 followers
Nov 18, 2012 at 7:48:47 AM  |  #3

I appreciate your response, however, when I turn on my TiVo box, I cannot get past the channel guide setup (which gets stuck on the last step at 99% of loading info).  My channel programming is totally gone.  So, TiVo said that the only thing that can be done now is to exchange my TiVo box, so I have lost all recorded shows and season passes.  Ugh!

(Last Login: October 22, 2014 10:25 PM) curiousmark
curiousmark
Nov 18, 2012 at 3:42:19 PM  |  #4

Do you use satellite?  If so, try setting up for basic cable on a local cable system instead.  Once you get that working, switch back to the satellite setup.

0 followers
Nov 18, 2012 at 5:21:56 PM  |  #5

Very good idea, but I am on cable only.

(Currently online) ggieseke
ggieseke
Nov 19, 2012 at 6:55:50 AM  |  #6
0 followers
Nov 25, 2012 at 10:35:43 AM  |  #7

I did exactly what you suggested using code 57, got the GSOD, and then it the channel guide reset but I get the same result where I am on the last screen (getting program info), the last step (loading info) and the loading stops at 99% and stays at "please wait".   

(Last Login: October 22, 2014 6:17 PM) tivosupport_kaitlyn
tivosupport_kaitlyn
Nov 25, 2012 at 1:38:52 PM  |  #8

willowa, if a Kickstart 57 didn't resolve the issue and you are still unable to load the guide I would recommend talking to TiVo Technical Support to discuss possible exchange options. However, you could also try a different connection type, for example if you could switch to a Broadband Internet connection instead of a phone line.

Hope this works for you,

Kaitlyn

0 followers
Nov 25, 2012 at 1:57:44 PM  |  #9

Kaitlyn,

Well, I spent a lot of sessions with Tivo chat & tech support, so I am receiving a replacement  Tivo box tomorrow.  So, I was just doing last ditch efforts (to include Kickstart 54 - checks hard drive and did fine on short version) as I really hate to lose my recorded shows and my programmed season passes.  I am starting to wonder if the several power outages during Hurricane Sandy may have caused the problem.

thanks,

Willow

(Last Login: October 22, 2014 6:17 PM) tivosupport_kaitlyn
tivosupport_kaitlyn
Nov 26, 2012 at 2:16:32 PM  |  #10

Willow,

That could be possible. The internal modem of the TiVo could have been damaged. You might be able to transfer those recordings to either TiVo Desktop or a new TiVo using the following two methods and a broadband Internet connection.

Here's a link on how to use Multi-Room Viewing:

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/161

Here's a link on how to use TiVo Desktop:

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1271

Thank you,

Kaitlyn

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 678
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS