At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Oct 18, 2012 at 8:55:13 AM) maseline_98
0 followers
Tivo Premiere Multiroom question?
Oct 17, 2012 at 9:05:07 AM  |  #1

I'm thinking of buying a 2 Tivo Premieres to use for a mutliroom application. I was thinking about buying a lifetime subscription, Do I need to buy 2 lifetime subscriptions or just one?

I haven't seen any place where this is discussed and certainly determines my decision with going with Tivo or not.

(Last Login: Oct 15, 2013 at 12:22:48 PM) tivosupport_jessica
tivosupport_jessica
Oct 17, 2012 at 2:09:41 PM  |  #2

maseline_98, Each TiVo DVR does need it's own payment plan in order to work. However, if you are activating more than one you would qualify for a Multi-Service Discount on the second device. For more information check out the following link: http://www.tivo.com/abouttivo/policies/tivomultiservicediscountagreement.html

0 followers
Oct 17, 2012 at 3:13:34 PM (Updated: Oct 17, 2012 at 3:25:46 PM)  |  #3

Just to be clear. I can buy as many Tivo Premieres as I want, but only have to pay for 1 subscription to use Mult-room capabilities? What do you mean by "Activating"? I only need to activate the that is doing the recording correct? The other will still be able to used as a STB for cable duties and remote viewing. I know this sound redundant, but I just want to be sure before I drop $1K on a DVR system only to find out that I need $400 more to do a multiroom viewing.

Edit: Also....can the "Non-Activated" Premieres set/delete recording on the activated one remotely?

(Last Login: Oct 15, 2013 at 12:22:48 PM) tivosupport_jessica
tivosupport_jessica
Oct 17, 2012 at 5:18:19 PM  |  #4

maseline_98, every single TiVo in your house would need its own payment plan. So for two TiVo's you would need two Product Lifetime Services. To work at all each TiVo needs an active payment plan. You cannot Multi Room View an activated TiVo with a "Non-activated" TiVo. Also, to answer your last questions setting recordings for any TiVo can be done online deleting recordings are TiVo specific and can only be done from that box specifically. Hope this clears up your questions.

0 followers
Oct 18, 2012 at 8:56:32 AM  |  #5

I appreciate your help. You have answered what I was looking for.

(Last Login: Apr 7, 2014 at 8:40:36 PM) sbiller
sbiller
0 followers
Oct 18, 2012 at 3:31:49 PM  |  #6

maseline_98, If you wait until early next year, TiVo will be releasing the TiVo Mini IP-STB. This non-DVR device will allow you to access your recordings and stream live TV to other TV sets in the home. Its unclear at this point what the cost of the new device will be or whether it will require a subscription. It will be a much lower cost solution for the capabilities you desire. 

(Last Login: July 30, 2014 6:40 AM) curiousmark
curiousmark
Oct 19, 2012 at 11:12:11 AM  |  #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by maseline_98 View the original post

Just to be clear. I can buy as many Tivo Premieres as I want, but only have to pay for 1 subscription to use Mult-room capabilities? What do you mean by "Activating"? I only need to activate the that is doing the recording correct? The other will still be able to used as a STB for cable duties and remote viewing. I know this sound redundant, but I just want to be sure before I drop $1K on a DVR system only to find out that I need $400 more to do a multiroom viewing.

Edit: Also....can the "Non-Activated" Premieres set/delete recording on the activated one remotely?

All DVRs must be activated to work with each other.  The only real use for a non-activated TiVo DVR is to watch live TV or play back recordings made while it was activated.  Keep in mind that subscriptions for multiple units cost less than the first subscription.

5.05.05.05.05.0 (1 rating)
Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 208
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS