First   |  Previous     Page 1 of 3     Next   |  Last
At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Jan 31, 2012 at 7:55:18 AM) jtmonie
0 followers
V301 error for all appilcations
Jan 31, 2012 at 7:59:34 AM  |  #1
[Archived]  

While watching Netflix this morning, Tivo locked up and then rebooted itself. When it came back on a message appeared that the new update had taken affect. I tried to re-watch Netflix but I now get an error with all applications that they are temp unavailable error (V301) and if I want answers got yo tivo.com/help/v301 which does not exist. I searched tivo and forums for this error but no hits. So what am I supposed to do here?

I rebooted the Tivo twice and also forced connection to tivo service to see if either would help.

(Last Login: October 20, 2014 10:45 AM) curiousmark
curiousmark
Jan 31, 2012 at 9:43:58 AM  |  #2
[Archived]  

Please give it a day and connect to the service again.  If it doesn't clear up on its own after that please post back. 

If the DVR is pointing to a link on the TiVo website, that link should be active.  Since it isn't, TiVo definitely needs to get that fixed.

(Last Login: Apr 23, 2014 at 1:06:19 PM) jrm01
jrm01
Jan 31, 2012 at 3:38:48 PM  |  #3
[Archived]  

I had the same error several days ago, with the same invalid reference.  I reported the invalid reference error to TiVo and they say they will fix it.

My guess is that the original error is caused by the TiVo Servers not being updated properly (soley a guess) but I waited about six hours and all was fine then.

5.05.05.05.05.0 (1 rating)
(Last Login: Feb 28, 2012 at 1:08:36 PM) tvankirk
0 followers
Feb 28, 2012 at 1:09:34 PM  |  #4
[Archived]  

So this will clear up by itself? Started happening to me late last night with Netflix. Reboots and reconnects haven't helped.

(Last Login: Feb 28, 2012 at 3:49:12 PM) hmbscully
0 followers
Feb 28, 2012 at 3:50:45 PM  |  #5
[Archived]  

I'm having the same problem with Netflix. Frustrating as I'm home sick today and wanted to watch some streaming movies before they expire. I've rebooted and tried reconnecting. And that error URL really should get fixed as it returns a 404 error.

(Last Login: Feb 28, 2012 at 5:11:56 PM) angieckert
0 followers
Feb 28, 2012 at 5:15:58 PM  |  #6
[Archived]  

I started having this same problem last night and I received the same message with the same link. I went to the TIVO support and found 2 solutions. One was to reboot my TIVO. I tried that and it didn't help. The other suggestion is to deactivate my NetFLix account on their website and then go on to my TIVO and reset everything back up. I came here to see if anyone had any other suggestions. I guess I'll go try that. Seems like alot of effort and I guess I'm not feeling like it will work!

(Last Login: Feb 28, 2012 at 5:30:22 PM) bowling255
0 followers
Feb 28, 2012 at 5:32:15 PM  |  #7
[Archived]  

I am having the same problem with netflix

(Last Login: Feb 28, 2012 at 5:11:56 PM) angieckert
0 followers
Feb 28, 2012 at 5:56:09 PM  |  #8
[Archived]  

Update - I went ahead and did the whole deactivate Netflix device on their website and set it back up on TIVO receiving a new code and it works! A lot of hassle that shouldn't be necessary but at least the kids are happy again!

(Last Login: Feb 28, 2012 at 5:00:23 PM) manders09
0 followers
Feb 28, 2012 at 6:10:19 PM  |  #9
[Archived]  

Thank you for posting this! It worked for me also.

(Last Login: Feb 28, 2012 at 11:17:39 PM) aven_zerrock@hotmail.com
0 followers
Feb 28, 2012 at 11:22:12 PM  |  #10
[Archived]  

P.S. - Rebooting or switching from HD Menu to SD Menu and back to HD Menu (as suggested by Tivo) doesn't work. - I will now attempt the Netflix reset but i figured the above information might save someone the time.

(Last Login: Feb 29, 2012 at 7:12:27 PM) mikeporterinmd
0 followers
Feb 29, 2012 at 7:14:03 PM  |  #11
[Archived]  

For us: switching to SD menus made it work.  Changing back to HD would make the service not work.  I went back and forth several times, always with the same result.  In the end, in order to get NetFlix to work with HD menus, we had to powercycle the TiVo.

Mike

(Last Login: Jul 12, 2012 at 6:14:01 PM) ccchesser
0 followers
Jul 12, 2012 at 6:19:54 PM  |  #12
[Archived]  

I've been trading emails with Tivo support for several days on this topic (except it's happening with Hulu Plus for me).  Each time, I get back an incomplete, error-riddled partial set of "instructions", some of which truly make no sense.  This is typical of Tivo "support" unfortunately.  I don't know why someone there can't clearly address this issue on their website, where their suggested "solution" is about as helpful as suggesting you make sure it's plugged in.  

I've tried all the steps provided - keep in mind I've received no single complete set.  Some leave out obvious steps (like re-selecting Hulu Plus as a provider after de-selecting it earlier in the process.  NOTHING works.  

CLEARLY, Tivo "support" is staffed by people who have no idea what they're doing.  This has also been my experience with Tivo in general - they are completely incompetent.

(Last Login: Oct 15, 2013 at 12:22:48 PM) tivosupport_jessica
tivosupport_jessica
Jul 12, 2012 at 7:13:43 PM (Updated: Jul 12, 2012 at 7:16:28 PM)  |  #13
[Archived]  

ccchesser,

I am sorry you have not received quality information so far on this issue.

Have you attempted the port configuration test?  From TiVo Central, go to > Settings & messages > Settings > Network & Phone > View network diagnosis > Port configuration test.

Please see this support article for more information: http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/402/kw/ports.   

If you private message me your TiVo Service Number (TSN),  I will be able to see what troubleshooting you have attempted with technical support so far, and see if I have any other suggestions. The TSN can be located from the TiVo menus (TiVo Central > Messages and Settings > Account and System Information > System Information > TiVo Service Number), on the unit itself above the AC/IN connection, or on your TiVo.com "My account" page under "Active DVRs."

Thanks,

Jessica

(Last Login: Oct 15, 2013 at 12:22:48 PM) tivosupport_jessica
tivosupport_jessica
Sep 29, 2012 at 3:03:41 PM  |  #14
[Archived]  

Hello Ruth,

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

(Last Login: Dec 12, 2012 at 12:43:03 AM) kmwiggy
0 followers
Dec 12, 2012 at 12:48:06 AM  |  #15
[Archived]  

I cannot believe this. I see a posting for this problem back in January of 2011.  As of last night (Dec 10, 2012), TIVO tech support has no idea how to fix this. I began having the problem on December 2, 2011.Yell

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 10967
First   |  Previous     Page 1 of 3     Next   |  Last
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS