At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Dec 8, 2011 at 9:32:38 AM) seankmcc
0 followers
Netgear N300 (WNA3100) Compatability
Dec 8, 2011 at 9:33:32 AM  |  #1
[Archived]  

Is this usb wireless adapter compatible with my Tivo HD. This TV box says that it is not.

At beginning of post row.
(Currently online) curiousmark
curiousmark
Dec 8, 2011 at 11:40:05 AM  |  #2
[Archived]  

The only USB wireless adapter that is compatible with your DVR is the TiVo Branded wireless G adapter.  TiVo also makes a wireless N "adapter" that is really a wireless bridge (it connects to the DVR via Ethernet) with a confusing name.  You can use that, or any wireless bridge that connects via Ethernet from any other manufacturer.  Since the N300 is USB and not Ethernet, it will not work for you.

Many inexpensive N routers can be configured to perform as a bridge.  They have the added advantage of multiple Ethernet ports.  If you have more than one Device at the TV location you wish to connect to the internet, getting a router/bridge is often the lowest overall cost way to go.  I use a Netgear WN2000RPT (range extender with the range extender feature turned off) this way.  It connects my TV, BluRay and TiVo to my router over a single wireless connection.  The fourth port I leave open for guests to connect their laptops.  This may not be what you are interested in, but I wanted to share.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 324
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS