At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Nov 11, 2011 at 10:13:29 AM) cpe111
0 followers
DLNA server and Tivo
Nov 11, 2011 at 10:14:42 AM  |  #1
[Archived]  

Can I view media files stored on a PC (Windows 7) using my Tivo ?

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: November 20, 2014 10:15 AM) curiousmark
curiousmark
Nov 12, 2011 at 6:48:16 PM  |  #2
[Archived]  

Not via DLNA.  TiVo does offer TiVo Desktop which is a media server that works with your TiVo DVR.  It can serve music and videos if they are in the correct formats (DLNA is also format picky).  There are also many third party applications that can do the same.  Please take a look over at the TiVo Community Forums in the Home Media and TiVo ToGo forum area for discussion threads on all the possible options.  I even have one that can send music and photos from my Droid X to the TiVo.

www.tivocommunity.com

There is one seeming exception to what I said above.  Certain Netgear routers and NAS devices have a DLNA server built in that also has a TiVo Server.  So from those devices it appears you are using DLNA to serve to your TiVo DVR.  That is really nice since you can use one Device that can serve your TiVo, BluRay player, TV set, iPad, iPhone, Android PHone and such.  But alas, I am not sure that there is any PC software that combines a DLNA and TiVo server in a single software.  If there is one, my bet would be on J-River, but I haven't looked into it in years.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 958
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS