First   |  Previous     Page 1 of 2     Next   |  Last
At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Feb 5, 2009 at 9:24:42 PM) etspaceman
0 followers
TIVO guide shows "To be Announced" on new HD channels
Oct 30, 2008 at 8:52:24 AM  |  #1
[Archived]  
My Time Warner cable recently added a slew of HD channels (HGTV, CNN, TLC etc) from channel 428~440. I went into settings and channel setup to add these new channels in, but found out that while the channels are viewable, the TIVO guide only shows "to be announced" instead of show listings.

I then went into phone and network to connect to TIVO server for an update, but the problem persist. I followed up with a repeat guided setup, but that didn't work either. Lastly, I waited 2 days, tried another connection to TIVO server but the problem still persist. I am not sure if this is because the channels are brand spanking new and TIVO doesn't have information yet, or if there's an actual problem. I checked with the Time Warner cable supplied DVR and the show listings for the new channels are all there.

Any help would be appreciated.
(Last Login: Jan 5, 2010 at 11:31:31 AM) joeball
0 followers
Oct 30, 2008 at 2:24:18 PM (Updated: Oct 30, 2008 at 2:30:18 PM)  |  #2
[Archived]  
I have had essentially the same problem since I purchased HD service through Suddenlink and installed Tivo HD back in July. Even though I have to get the cable office to zap the cable card every month or so to restore the digital channels, the set-up has worked great except for the very problem you cite.

In my situation, I have full program info for all channels EXCEPT: PALHD(music), HSTHD, ESPN2HD, WVNSCHD(a local CBS affiliate) and TBSHD.
I have tried everything through both TIVO and the cable co. to try and rectify the problem - to no avail. So, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the guide info to suddenly appear.

It is particularly annoying on ESPN2 and PAL, since they broadcast sporting events and music - both live and prerecorded. I burn lots of stuff to DVD, but it's impossible to tell what's upcoming unless I go pull up the program guide on my bedroom TV through Suddenlink's Scientific Atlanta box menu. In fact, that's how I know this is entirely a TIVO issue -- because both of the other TVs in my home are SD and have SA set top boxes and they both display full show listings for all channels. So, I try and check the aforementioned channels in this way to keep abreast of upcoming programming. Wish I could be more optimistic.

Lastly, on a perhaps related or unrelated quirk, I've noticed that sometimes TIVO will not permit me to select a HD channel by highlighting the guide and hitting select. For some reason, sometimes I have to actually punch in the channel number a digit at a time. This happens only on HD channels and only rarely. Go figure. Good luck...............................JB
0 followers
Oct 30, 2008 at 7:32:03 PM  |  #3
[Archived]  
Thanks Joe for your input. Well, I certainly hope mine is not the same issue as yours because not having the guide is a serious setback, and from the sounds of it, your problem has no solution in sight. I receive guides for TBSHD as well as ESPN2 though.

Back to my problem, I did speak to Nova, a TIVO rep today over the phone concerning this. And according to him, the new channel lineup implemented by Time Warner is not showing up on his system either. IE instead of the new HD channels from channel 431-440, Their channel line up jumps from 430 straight to 502 (which is HBO HD).

Nova mentioned that our information channel guide is actually supplied by a third party company. So he took down my info as well as some missing sample channels information and will be filing a report to them regarding this. Hopefully this will be rectified in "5 to 7 business days" and that it will show up on the next update after that.

The only thing to do now is to wait and see if that really works.

As for your quirk, I tried to duplicate it on my TIVO HD but I don't seem to able to do so. Maybe it's just a quirk, since you do mention that it happens rarely. As we all know, all TIVOs have personalitites :)
(Last Login: Sep 10, 2014 at 4:43:09 PM) bedelman
bedelman
Oct 30, 2008 at 9:05:28 PM  |  #4
[Archived]  
By the way, the "third party" is the Tribune Media Service who also operates www.zap2it.com

Zap2It can be useful for looking at other lineups in your area that might match what you have

Several years ago in my area, it seemed like Comcast changed the lineup -- but they didn't change the one that was there but rather created a completely new one with a different name. It was necessary to change to using this other lineup before I could see the new channels.

- Bob
0 followers
Oct 31, 2008 at 8:06:50 PM  |  #5
[Archived]  
That's really good info bedelman. I did check out zap2it.com and found my channel line up. Only thing was, there was only one TimeWarner lineup that fit my area and I am already on the correct line up.

However, there is good news to this problem. I woke up today to see that after the service update performed by Tivo this morning, my new HD channels listings are all showing up on the guide information already. I must say that came as a huge relief. It would have been extremely unbearable if this was not fixed.
0 followers
Dec 18, 2008 at 6:00:28 PM  |  #6
[Archived]  

FFinally got the problem fixed through TiVo.  They did all this thru e-mail after I described what was going on.  Just thought you might like to know............................JB

0 followers
Dec 22, 2008 at 6:36:32 PM  |  #7
[Archived]  

Awesome Joeball. Glad you got the lineup hannels again. Time Warner Cable again revised their new HD channels with a whole bunch of new HD (eg: USA HD, Travel HD, Bravo HD etc). I am getting the "to be announced" on the guide for these new channels. As with the last time, I just placed a call with TIVO support and give them some of the channels and channel numbers for them to check up. Hopefully it will be just like last time, where after a couple of days, the lineup guide will appear after connecting with TIVO server. Will update when that happens. Merry Xmas!

(Last Login: Jan 28, 2009 at 12:07:25 PM) agtdave
0 followers
Jan 20, 2009 at 1:15:33 PM  |  #8
[Archived]  

So I am having the same problem will all my HD channels past the local channels with Time Warner in LA.

I called Tivo Support and they said they would report it to Tribune Media.

Does anyone else have it working properly?

Thanks,

Dave

(Last Login: Jan 25, 2009 at 7:05:53 PM) scopeman
0 followers
Jan 20, 2009 at 11:43:25 PM  |  #9
[Archived]  

joeball, how in the world did you get Tivo to do it via email? As far as I can tell they have completely abandoned interaction via email with their customers. What email address did you use?

0 followers
Jan 21, 2009 at 10:09:48 AM  |  #10
[Archived]  

I'm at work now, so I don't have the e-mail address here.  I'll try to get it to you in a day or two.  Anyway, what I did was send the e-mail describing the problem.  Tivo actually responded BY E-MAIL!!! and asked for the channel #s, cities of origin and call letters and said it would take a few days to correct the problem.  Sure enough, a few days later I turned on the set, went to each of the channels and voila.  No problems since.  In fact, I seem to recall that they even sent a follow-up e-mail afterwards.  I also seem to recall that the category under which I submitted my original e-mail was maybe "channel line-up" issues or something like that.  I was bending the parameters of the topic a little bit, and I was pleased and surprised that they responded at all.  I'll check my e-mails tonight and see what I can find.  Hope my wife hasn't deleted them.  If so I may have to try and duplicate how I got there again.  But rest assured it was through e-mail only and the problem is fixed......................................JB

0 followers
Jan 21, 2009 at 11:16:53 AM  |  #11
[Archived]  

Here you go:  TiVo Channel Lineup Dept.

tivoacs@tivo.com

Report the problem by e-mail.  They will then respond and perhaps ask you for more information.  When you've sent that, they'll assign you a case number and tell you it will take 7 business days to fix it.  I received no further contact after that, but the problem was resolved in less time than that I think.  Hope this helps all....................................JB

(Last Login: Jan 28, 2009 at 12:07:25 PM) agtdave
0 followers
Jan 26, 2009 at 11:26:36 AM  |  #12
[Archived]  

Upon further inspection, my channels were showing up differently than what my Zap2it's guide was stating.

My Sci Fi HD channel was showing up as 'HD Sci Fi' on my Tivo and the website was showing SciFiHD.

I restarted my guided setup for the my Tivo and reselect Time Warner Cable.
Once that finished, it picked up the correct channel names and the lineups came through properly.

I would suggest trying to restart your guided setup and see if it populates properly.

(Last Login: Apr 23, 2014 at 1:06:19 PM) jrm01
jrm01
Feb 5, 2009 at 10:58:09 AM  |  #13
[Archived]  

Your best bet would be to call TiVo Support and report the problem to them.

(Last Login: Jun 5, 2013 at 2:26:25 PM) bierboy
0 followers
Feb 5, 2009 at 10:39:24 AM (Updated: Feb 5, 2009 at 11:05:43 AM)  |  #14
[Archived]  

I've been having this same problem -- our cableco added three new HD channels on Jan. 21 and two of them STILL don't have any guide info. I've e-mailed Tribune Media twice with still nothing. Today I tried the e-mail address posted here.....we'll see what happens.

0 followers
Feb 5, 2009 at 9:26:33 PM  |  #15
[Archived]  

I agree with jrm01. Let TIVO support know and usually the Channel line up will get updated. The first time my line up changed, it took about 3 days before the guide info for the new channels get propogated to my TIVO. The 2nd time, it took about 1 week and change. Best of luck

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 8801
First   |  Previous     Page 1 of 2     Next   |  Last
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS