At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Sep 9, 2008 at 10:58:17 AM) vektek
0 followers
Tivo series 2 stuck on clearing programs and to do list
Sep 1, 2008 at 9:48:46 AM  |  #1
[Archived]  
Hi!

This all started with the S03 error when the tivo series 2 was updating. I went to Messages and Settings, Restart or Reset, Clear Program Information and To Do List and then it restarted and told me it was clearing program information and that it could take up to an hour. After 3 hours it was still stuck on that screen and the red light on the unit was blinking. I power cycled it, and it restarted, went through just a few minutes more, went to the removing program information this could take up to an hour and so I left it alone. The next morning (today) it was still on that screen. Is there anyway to get this machine out of this loop?

Thanks!
(Last Login: Sep 2, 2008 at 7:40:33 AM) bobw235
0 followers
Sep 2, 2008 at 7:46:12 AM  |  #2
[Archived]  
Not that I can help with this, but I have just encountered the same issue. I've power cycled it twice, and it just returns to the same screen. I'm guessing there's a problem with the disk. Hoping someone has some advice.
0 followers
Sep 5, 2008 at 8:35:08 PM  |  #3
[Archived]  
Hi Bob,

I am hoping someone will help us with this problem - as I am paying for a TiVo I cannot use. That is a REAL problem.

Is there ANY way to make this thing do ANYTHING other than restart and sit there?
0 followers
Sep 9, 2008 at 11:03:49 AM  |  #4
[Archived]  
I called TiVo tech support and was told that there is probably a hardware problem with the unit. They did offer me a replacement for $150 since it was out of warranty. I decided to have the unit removed from my monthly billing and am considering a new unit to replace this one.

Bob, if you have a blinking red light like I do, then you probably have a hard drive problem as well. I wish I had better news to report.

Good luck!

I still love our TiVo's!
Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 534
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS