First   |  Previous     Page 1 of 2     Next   |  Last
At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Jul 13, 2008 at 7:10:36 PM) mc5309
0 followers
Transfering video from PC to Tivo. Transfer does not complete?
Jul 6, 2008 at 9:09:39 PM  |  #1
[Archived]  
I recently upgraded all the software, because I wasn't able to see my PC files from my Tivo. That's all been fixed and I've successfully transferred one video file from the PC to Tivo so far.

Now, I'm having a different problem. I'm trying to transfer another DivX file from PC to Tivo. I start the transfer from the Tivo, and everything seems fine. The blue transfer comes up on Tivo, and it says Transfer is in progress.

Then, for no reason whatsoever, the transfer just stops. The file that was showing with the blue button on the Now Playing List randomly disappears, and there is no trace of it in Recently Deleted or anything. I don't even know that it has stopped transferring, until I go to Now Playing, and it's just not there.

Any ideas?
(Last Login: Aug 19, 2008 at 4:48:01 AM) leon399
0 followers
Jul 8, 2008 at 8:38:39 AM  |  #2
[Archived]  
I hope someone has an answer because the EXACT same thing is happening to me.

The transfer starts, I see it on my now playing list..yet when I comeback an hour later..nothing is there. I am about to try again but hopefully someone has a simple solution to this. I didn't pay 24.95 for nuttin ya know! :)
(Last Login: Jul 10, 2008 at 9:20:47 AM) russj262
0 followers
Jul 8, 2008 at 11:05:01 AM  |  #3
[Archived]  
I have the same issue and my server keeps disapearing from the list requiring me to manually remove then readd.

It would transfer 600 seconds of a movie from my PC and I was trying to watch it immediately. When I got through the 600 seconds it prompted me to keep or delete. In the now playing list my server was no longer listed so I had to remove the IP and add it again manually. I tried to transfer again this time without watching it and it transfered the exact same amount.

I have two TiVos that are both HD with the exact same issue.
(Last Login: Jul 8, 2008 at 10:46:53 PM) rmm
0 followers
Jul 8, 2008 at 12:19:33 PM  |  #4
Re: Transferring video from PC to Tivo. Transfer does not complete?
[Archived]  
You might turn your Firewall off, I use the windows Firewall and have it configured for Tivo but it still will cut my Transfer off if I leave it on
0 followers
Jul 8, 2008 at 1:46:02 PM  |  #5
[Archived]  
No firewall in place. Windows firewall is disabled and I am not running a 3rd party firewall.
0 followers
Jul 9, 2008 at 8:02:33 PM  |  #6
[Archived]  
It's the software!!! I've researched it, and other people have had the same problem. Until they fix this, you have to downgrade to 2.5.1, and then you have to download the patch that fixes the windows certificate. I'll try to find links to these files and post them.
0 followers
Jul 9, 2008 at 11:08:33 PM  |  #7
[Archived]  
This is a little bit of work, but it will actually fix everything. The problem is with the Desktop software 2.6.1. You have to downgrade to 2.5.1, and then update the certificate file.

***Make sure you are running Tivo Desktop 2.5.1. If not, follow below step 1*****
1) Go to Control Panel: Add/Remove Programs and remove whatever Tivo Desktop software you have. Follow this link to download and install Desktop 2.5.1: http://www.tivo.com/assets/exe/tivotogo/TiVoDesktop2.5.1.exe

2) Follow this link to download the Windows Certificate Update: http://www.tivo.com/assets/exe/tivotogo/TivoDesktopCertificateUpdate.zip

3) Follow these instructions to install security update. If this successfully installs, you are done.

Directions for certificate script execution:
Unzip the archive to a directory
Go to TiVo Desktop Server Menu and select Server Properties. Select Exit from the Configuration tab and confirm that you want to stop running the TiVo Server.
Double-Click TiVoDesktopCertificateUpdate.cmd.
The updater will ask you “Do you want to continue? (Y/N)”. After entered Y the updater will overwrite old *.pem files with new copies.
After “Update completed successfully” press any key to close the window.
Start the TiVoServer.

4) If that fails (and it failed for me) do the following:

(Make sure your Tivo server is off)

Go to c:\program files\tivo\desktop and delete 2 files: (Certificate.pem, PrivateKey.pem)

Open the directory containing the certificate patch you just downloaded, copy those two files from your new directory, and manually paste them into c:\program files\tivo\desktop

Restart the Tivo server, and you should be finished. I haven't had problems transferring video files since
(Last Login: Jul 10, 2008 at 6:33:49 AM) warehosuer
0 followers
Jul 10, 2008 at 6:47:51 AM (Updated: Jul 10, 2008 at 6:50:10 AM)  |  #8
[Archived]  
I have 4 TIVOs and 4 computers in my home. I had this same problem when I upgraded to version 2.6.1. Spending days trying to troubleshoot this problem, I installed TIVO Desktop on all 4 of my home PCs - two were running Vista and two ran Windows XP. I disabled all firewalls etc... I could not reliably transfer any .avi divx video from any of my PCs to any of my TIVOs (two TIVO 2s and two TIVO HDs). It is definitely a problem with the Desktop V 2.6.1 software. I had to downgrade to 2.5.1, and then update the certificate file as described in the post above. Now transfers are working again.

Warehouser
0 followers
Jul 10, 2008 at 9:20:48 AM  |  #9
[Archived]  
I have downgraded to version 2.5.1 and am now able to transfer larger movies.

I am still having the problem that each time I want to transfer from my PC I have to remove the IP for the server then manually re-add it.
(Last Login: Aug 1, 2008 at 10:08:48 AM) mrrico
0 followers
Jul 15, 2008 at 3:43:04 PM  |  #10
[Archived]  
This is a known issue listed in the installation documentation of 2.6.1. The standard "unistall and reinstall" won't fix this. Tivo needs to fix this bug.
(Last Login: Dec 20, 2009 at 11:56:39 PM) zob
0 followers
Jul 15, 2008 at 6:29:23 PM  |  #11
[Archived]  
Thanks so much for this. I had been having the exact same issue. I couldn't figure out what was happening because I was able to transfer some videos to TiVo from my PC, and others would cut off invariably after 10 or 15 minutes and just disappear from the "Now Playing" list as others have described.

I tried your fix, uninstalled 2.6.1, re-installed 2.5.1 and executed the certificate, now everything works perfectly again! :-)
(Last Login: Jul 29, 2008 at 11:36:21 PM) jelasky
0 followers
Jul 30, 2008 at 12:05:39 AM  |  #12
[Archived]  
Thanks! This fixed a long standing issue for me!
(Last Login: Jun 10, 2014 at 8:51:25 PM) pdonoghu
pdonoghu
Jul 30, 2008 at 12:40:19 AM  |  #13
[Archived]  
Tivo Desktop 2.6.2 is supposed to fix the large file transfer issue. You may want to give it a try.
(Last Login: Aug 1, 2008 at 10:08:48 AM) mrrico
0 followers
Jul 30, 2008 at 9:48:34 AM  |  #14
[Archived]  
I downloaded and installed the 2.6.2 version. So far it has worked great. It certainly doesn't have the big problems 2.6.1 did for me. I've been using divx encoding pretty much flawlessly with two Tivo HD boxes and a Vista video cruncher/server. If this keeps up, I'll need a Tivo for the downstairs and one for bedroom and . . . .
(Last Login: Aug 4, 2008 at 9:03:16 AM) popcorn1163
0 followers
Jul 30, 2008 at 12:55:23 PM  |  #15
[Archived]  
Where can I find 2.6.2? I looked on the download page and it still lists version 2.6.1?
Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 1412
First   |  Previous     Page 1 of 2     Next   |  Last
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS