At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: May 14, 2008 at 12:01:57 AM) thesodakid
0 followers
Tivo HD DVR whole house setup...HELP
May 12, 2008 at 11:52:35 PM  |  #1
Ok, so I ordered the Tivo HD DVR ($299) and I plan to hook it up to my OTA in my attic. I have a Logitech RF remote that I am going to program to operate it so I can control the tivo and any tv in the house from one remote. the issue I just came across is that theTivo HD DVR does not have a coaxial out put. this screws up my plan. Here is what I have... I have a plasma HD tv in the living room. The other 3 tvs in my house are analog tvs. I was planning on running an HDMI cable from my Tivo to my plasma for HD OTA recordings, then i was planning on connecting a splitter to the other three tvs so that I could watch whatever was on the Tivo on any tv in the house. How do I set this up to do what I want? Do I use a optical to coaxial converter or rca to coaxial? If I did split the signal to the other 3 tvs, could I watch individual shows on the other tvs at the same time? Please help. Thank You
(Last Login: Apr 2, 2010 at 10:39:08 AM) classicsat
classicsat
0 followers
May 13, 2008 at 8:53:08 AM  |  #2
What you want is an RF modulator. It will take the SD A/V from the TiVo and modulate it on an analog TV channel, just as if the DVR had an RF out.

All TVs would get the same picture/sound.

To watch separate programming, each TV would need its own TiVo or at least a DTV tuner box, to watch OTA direct.
(Last Login: May 14, 2008 at 12:01:57 AM) thesodakid
0 followers
May 14, 2008 at 12:06:40 AM  |  #3
ok, so I have 2 DTV Tuner boxes for 2 of my 3 analog tvs. So, if I hook up the Tivo to my plasma with HDMI and then hook up an RF Modulator to the ? port, I can run a signal via coax to all my other tvs? is that correct?
(Last Login: Apr 2, 2010 at 10:39:08 AM) classicsat
classicsat
0 followers
May 15, 2008 at 6:40:14 PM  |  #4
Yes. You hook the TiVo's SD A/V out to the RF modulator, and run/split a coaxes to your other TVs. You should have a separate coax system from your antenna coaxes.
Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 1010
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS