At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Jul 13, 2011 at 7:32:56 PM) genevra
0 followers
Unable to begin Tivo Desktop Element not found.
May 5, 2008 at 12:00:27 AM  |  #1
I recently upgraded to Tivo Desktop 2.6.1, and everything was going fine. I watched some shows on my laptop yesterday with no problems. Tonight, I went to launch Tivo Desktop, and got the error message "Unable to begin Tivo Desktop Element not found." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Tivo Desktop, and still get this error. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Thanks!
(Last Login: May 16, 2008 at 9:00:23 PM) teevoid
0 followers
May 14, 2008 at 9:58:24 PM  |  #2
I had the same problem. I searched the forums for two days trying various solutions that had been posted. Intermittently, I still get that "element not found" error when launching TiVo Desktop 2.6.1 - I just repeat this procedure.
This will fix it...until it happens again. I'm assuming you are running Windows XP.
Go to your TiVo cache folder. It should be located here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Local Settings\Application Data\TiVo Desktop
Inside that folder is a file named "Cookies." Delete it. Launch TiVo Desktop. If you can't see all those folders, you need to make hidden files and folders visible. To do that, when you have Windows Explorer (NOT Internet Explorer) open, on the menu go to Tools > Folder Options. Click on the View tab. Under Hidden Files and Folders click on the radio button to Show hidden files and folders.
(Last Login: Jul 13, 2011 at 7:32:56 PM) genevra
0 followers
May 15, 2008 at 12:00:46 AM  |  #3
Thank you! I actually found the info about clearing the cache by googling the error too, so I got it working.
Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 700
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS