At beginning of post row.
(Never Logged In) lisasweetpea
0 followers
TiVo Not Recording Season Pass Shows...
Jan 25, 2006 at 11:52:34 AM  |  #1
Right after the first of the year, our TiVo started acting up. A show that has been on the Season Pass since last summer, just stopped being recorded. After deleting and re-adding it to the Season Pass, now it's fine. The SAME DAY, another show which had been recording fine thru Season Pass, just stopped being recorded!

Also, shows that appear on the To Do List and ARE also on Season Pass, routinely disappear. We have verified that the shows were FIRST RUNS as we outlined in the Season Pass but we have no explanation as to why they did not record. Example: The Shield which was a NEW show last night, is set up for Season Pass AND disappeared from the To Do List and did not record. We then manually set it to record the show on Friday night.

We are using our TiVo through DirecTV and have heard the buzz about DirecTV software purposely causing problems to get customers to switch to their DVR (which we absolutely REFUSE to do).

Anyone have any ideas as to what our problem might be? Does anyone else have DirecTV and are experience the same problems???

Please Help so we don't miss anymore shows!
(Last Login: Nov 7, 2013 at 7:40:24 PM) stevel
stevel
0 followers
Jan 25, 2006 at 2:28:59 PM  |  #2
DirecTV is not doing anything to affect your recording, at least not deliberately.

In the To Do list, select Recording History. Scroll back and find the episode that did not record and press Select. It should tell you why it didn't record. What does it say?

One thing that can cause this problem is if the channel name changed. Your saying that deleting and readding it fixed the problem makes me suspect this was the problem. I have seen this happen where TiVo's guide data source renames channels unexpectedly. Verify that the channel NAME (not number) of your Season Pass matches the one in the channel list exactly.

Steve
(Never Logged In) lisasweetpea
0 followers
Jan 27, 2006 at 12:00:42 PM  |  #3
Thanks, we believe your solution fixed the problem.

The shows we had trouble with were listed in the Season Pass as just FX and SCIFI. When we deleted those Season Passes and re-added them, they then listed the channels as 248 FX and 244 SCIFI. We hope this is the end to those recording problems.

Thanks for your help!
stevel
0 followers
Jan 27, 2006 at 12:59:51 PM  |  #4
Great! Glad to hear it. Do keep an eye on your ToDo list, though, because DirecTV has done this on more than one occasion in the past.

Steve
(Never Logged In) dan7769
0 followers
Jan 28, 2006 at 11:22:14 PM  |  #5
We have the same problem, but with ALL of our Season Passes. They all stopped recording shortly after the first of the year. In season pass manager, they would show the upcoming episodes, but not show that any were scheduled to record. When I went to "change recording options" and told it to "record with these options" (having changed none of them), it then began recording normally again. Then, earlier this week, it simply stopped again, and I had to go to each Season Pass again and tell it to "record with these options" (mind you, I did not delete the Season Pass and re-enter it ).

Meanwhile, it hasn't recorded any suggestions since late Dec. (even though the option is turned on).

Dan
stevel
0 followers
Jan 29, 2006 at 7:52:19 AM  |  #6
I have heard of this problem happening before. Somehow the TiVo's indexing gets "stuck". You can try unplugging the TiVo for 30 seconds and then restarting it, but some people find that the solution is to do a "clear and delete everything" from the Restart the Recorder menu under Settings. This will remove all your recorded shows and preferences, but from what I hear, the problem should not recur.

Steve
(Never Logged In) hs0021
0 followers
Jan 3, 2007 at 11:52:21 AM  |  #7
I've recently discovered a problem similar to this, I have a Direct TV HD Tivo and I record NBC Nightly news with Brian Williams with an off air antenna, it recorded fine right up until the first of the year, the season pass hasn't been changed and it shows up in the history as being changed if you go to the season pass and look at view upcoming episodes all it shows are the satellite locals it doesn't even show the off air channels but if you go to program guide all the channels are there, but wait it gets better once I dug deeper I noticed more than just that wasn't going to record, CSI, Medium, 24, all off air HD programming I called Direct TV and he said it is a glitch in the update from Tivo and they hope it will be corrected soon, he also suggest resetting and deleting all my season passes and repeating guided setup. Ain't we got fun.
stevel
0 followers
Jan 3, 2007 at 1:11:45 PM  |  #8
Well, I have the same model TiVo and haven't had this problem, but I have heard of others who have. It sounds like a problem similar to what is described at http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=332166

In any event, this is an issue you should discuss with DirecTV and it doesn't really apply to the topic under discussion in this thread.

Steve
Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 645
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS