At beginning of post row.
(Never Logged In) prometheus
0 followers
Access denied?
Dec 27, 2006 at 9:06:13 PM  |  #1
I just started this and am getting really discouraged. I downloaded the desktop and have all the specs, but when I try to look at my DVR, first it says that there are no programs in my DVR and then when I try to access it, it says "There was an error while attempting to retrieve data from the Selected DVR. Access is denied."

What the heck? Can someone give me some help here as to what the problem is?
(Last Login: Mar 16, 2014 at 5:42:36 PM) sinanju
sinanju
0 followers
Dec 27, 2006 at 9:34:31 PM  |  #2
If you have a Series 2 TiVo and it is new, it may be that the media access key is not yet on the TiVo. Check the system information screen. If it is a Series 3, transfers have not yet been approved by the cable company consortium, CableLabs. In that case, as soon as the technology has been validated by CableLabs, TiVo will switch the functionality on.
(Never Logged In) prometheus
0 followers
Dec 27, 2006 at 10:50:30 PM  |  #3
Ok, well it is a Series 2 and I activated it yesterday. Maybe it takes longer I guess. It's able to read the music and pictures that I uploaded to the system though. In fact I've been listening to the music on my computer through my tv all day. I don't know if this running through the same system or if this is a different system. I'm still really new to the Tivo way of thinking.
(Last Login: Mar 16, 2014 at 5:42:36 PM) sinanju
sinanju
0 followers
Dec 28, 2006 at 7:39:07 AM  |  #4
Transfering recordings requires the TiVo have its media access key. Photos and MP3 streaming do not.
(Never Logged In) robbradley
0 followers
Dec 28, 2006 at 8:27:52 PM  |  #5
This just happened to me.... what fixed it was restarting the Tivo and then restarting the server on my PC. ...hope this helps!
(Never Logged In) schellbell
0 followers
Jan 1, 2007 at 5:03:40 PM  |  #6
I too have this same access denied problem. I have restarted both the server and tivo numerous times and the tivo has still not displaying the media access key. (says it is temporarily unavailable)

Do I just have to wait a few days for the key to show up on the tivo? I activated roughly 3 days ago.

Thanks
Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 208
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS