At beginning of post row.
(Never Logged In) kamranjq
0 followers
Tivo Series 2 model - plug in phone problem. no dial tone.....
Sep 22, 2006 at 1:17:01 PM  |  #1
Just as soon as I plug in the phone line in the back of my tivo, my phone says "if you like to make a call please hang up and try again......." and line goes dead afterward.

Even I unplugged the power supply from tivo and inserted the phone line, the phone thinks i'm trying to make a call and says "if you like to make make a call........"

Strange part is, it was working fine for the past 2 months. I did not change a single thing.

I have DSL and i even disconnected that, and yes i tried it with filter, without filter....all different combinitions. nothing got it to work.

Help anyone?????
(Never Logged In) shugah
0 followers
Sep 25, 2006 at 4:41:00 PM (Updated: Sep 25, 2006 at 4:43:42 PM)  |  #2
Sounds like something strange with that outlit. If the Tivo is powered off it is not sending any signal to the modem to open a line. Try a new outlit to see what happens or a new cable in that outlit.
(Never Logged In) kamranjq
0 followers
Oct 1, 2006 at 10:04:20 PM  |  #3
I tried all that...nothing worked. So, I decided to use my DSL line to connect.
There must be something with my phone line or the sofware that my tivo box had dowloaded it automatically.

so the problem is still, just as soon as i plug in the phone line in the back of my tivo, my handset phone things the line is in use. The automatic operator says i should hang up or try again after like 20 seconds...and then the line goes dead.
(Last Login: Apr 2, 2010 at 10:39:08 AM) classicsat
classicsat
0 followers
Oct 2, 2006 at 11:14:43 AM  |  #4
It could be a hardware problem.
Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 189
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS