First   |  Previous     Page 3 of 7     Next   |  Last
At beginning of post row.
(Never Logged In) crosley123
0 followers
Re: Error (S03) When Loading Program Info
Jun 2, 2006 at 9:03:50 PM  |  #31
I am having the same problem with a Toshiba TX-20 DVD unit and after half an hour with TiVo support they finally realized I have a Toshiba and will no longer help me. And being a Friday evening, Toshiba will not open until Monday when I am at work. Help!

On my Toshiba unit, the two spots for lights are both yellow as soon as I plug in my unit. How can I put the unit in the diagnostic mode described as the '57' fix in other posts? Since my lights are on instantly, what do I do....? Help! My three year old is crying because his shows are on TiVo! :)

Any help would be appreciated.
(Never Logged In) nealcaldwell
0 followers
Jun 3, 2006 at 3:36:56 AM  |  #32
Below is listed the instructions on how to initiate the "57" fix offered
by sinanju. I had the S03 error message and lost the ability to receive
program information. When I attempted the instructions below, I found
that both lights came on amber when I plugged in the unit, so there was
no opportunity to respond to changing light colors. I just did the
"pause" then "57" thing, anyhow, and the green screen came on and it
began an automatic diagnostic which fixed the problem. Took about 20
minutes.

I do not recommend booting up using the internal program, as that traps
you into a situation where the unit becomes non-functional since the
boot up cannot be completed, due to the inability to access the download
program information, and you are stuck, and nothing can work, including
playing DVD's. Go to "boot up" by unplugging the unit instead, and
attempt the fix from there. If the fix doesn't initiate and solve the
problem, you can still use the unit, as your old boot-up is in tact and
still allows the unit and dvd player to be functional, even if you still
can't get program info.

Hope this helps, Neal Caldwell

*************Unfortunately that sounds like a drive was possibly jarred
in the move. But don't count it out yet.

If it stays like that for a day, power cycle it and try again and see if
it gets any farther. If it freezes again you might try some of these
emergency tricks:
|| While booting the power light will change from green to yellow as the
|| line 'checkpanic' in the rc.sysinit gets executed. This happens a few
|| seconds before the screen changes from the startup image to "almost
|| there" and it's your cue to hold down a button (use pause) on the
|| remote to trigger a panic. When the record light changes yellow, key
in
|| one of the following sequences:
||
|| 0 - emergency call to tivo, touchtone dialing
|| 1 - emergency call to tivo, pulse dialing
|| 9 - emergency call to tivo, touchtone w/ 9 prefix
|| -- I suggest not doing any of these unless explicitly instructed
||
|| 52 - emergency reinstall
|| -- this will act like you've received new software but will
|| reinstall the existing software on the alternate root partition
|| and boot it, particularly useful so you don't have to go
|| trolling for backup images when your hacks fail.
||
|| 56 - software install
||
|| 57 - mfs check
|| 58 - perform mfs cleanup
|| -- both of these will cause the green screen and various
mfs*************
(Last Login: Dec 16, 2009 at 11:09:54 PM) bosox18
0 followers
Jun 17, 2006 at 5:00:43 AM  |  #33
Argh. I tried the solution and I also am stuck in the endless loop. I get the green screen for 5-10 minutes, then it starts to reboot, but before it's finished, it goes back to the green screen. I want to unplug the thing, but it says in all caps DO NOT UNPLUG OR RESTART.

Been doing this all night, and tech support doesn't open for another four hours at least.

Argh.
(Never Logged In) tivonewbie2
0 followers
Jun 29, 2006 at 10:09:46 AM  |  #34
After reading this thread, I was successfully able to load the information after a connection. I have only 1 connection through my TiVo, satellite dish. When I returned from a trip, it warned me that it had not connected for a couple of days. I found the S03 error, and found the information supplied here to work very well! (using the pause button and pressing 5, 7) My fix took over an hour, but it was well worth it! THANK YOU!
(Never Logged In) renland
0 followers
Aug 19, 2006 at 4:02:12 AM  |  #35
I had an S03 error. I did the pause 5,7 thing and it fixed it... sort of. Now the tivo is stuck in "preparing" mode on a call-in. Unfortunately, I took someone' s advice to re-try guided setup, and it's now totally, totally stuck in 'preparing' mode. What can I possibly do now? I bought the damned box in February with the full lifetime subscription, so I'm very upset at the idea that it's not working or fixable.
(Last Login: Jan 10, 2011 at 12:14:33 PM) npgmbr
0 followers
Aug 19, 2006 at 6:22:11 AM  |  #36
If you haven't already done so, call customer TiVo Customer support, (if you bought the box from TiVo).
(Never Logged In) vveronica123
0 followers
Sep 4, 2006 at 10:55:32 AM  |  #37
I have a Humax DVR and am having this same problem. Could you help me with this.
(Last Login: Jun 10, 2009 at 2:41:37 PM) timl
0 followers
Sep 7, 2006 at 10:45:10 PM  |  #38
How about this - I have the Toshiba unit. When I unplug and plug in, both lights go right to amber. I tried having the pause button pressed when I plugged the power back in and then hit 5 and 7 but it only continued to restart. It never went to a "fixing itself" screen or whatever. When Tivo gets done dancing, I try the phone connection and download and the whole process starts again but I still end up with S03 during the "loading" stage. I've done this now about 6 times. Any suggestions??

Thanks
(Last Login: Jan 10, 2011 at 12:14:33 PM) npgmbr
0 followers
Sep 8, 2006 at 5:23:00 AM  |  #39
Actually the solution I gave on this board was for the TiVo Series 2. It is not recommended for any other model particularly those manufactured by other OEMs.

I'd suggest you contact Toshiba customer support for help.
(Last Login: Jun 10, 2009 at 2:41:37 PM) timl
0 followers
Sep 8, 2006 at 6:31:44 AM  |  #40
I was afraid of that. Thanks
(Never Logged In) cclarke
0 followers
Sep 23, 2006 at 9:35:02 PM  |  #41
I have a Tivo brand series 2 box. All I did was to rerun the guided setup because I switched out the video input to a coax cable.........Then I started getting the messages about having only a couple of days of programming left. The rest is documented as it is in this thread....Load failure around 38%. The "pause,5,7" fixed worked, the green screen lasted about 45 minutes. I reconnected by phone and it took an hour. The load completed, but I couldn't do any programming (no response on By Channel or By Time). I reconnected again, and now everything works fine.
I want to thank Neal and Sinanju for your posts. Your information saved me a lot of time, aggravation, and probably some cash too.
Chris C.
(Never Logged In) garygid
0 followers
Oct 10, 2006 at 11:35:14 AM  |  #42
Re: How to exit a pause 57 GSOD reboot loop?
I also tried the Pause 5.7 and now my Tivo Series 2 (TCD24004A) has been in a reboot loop (about once per minute) for hours.

Did you find a way to get out of that reboot loop?
Thanks, Gary
(Never Logged In) jerryez
0 followers
Nov 25, 2006 at 2:08:50 PM (Updated: Nov 25, 2006 at 2:19:36 PM)  |  #43
I tried everything. On the pause 5,7 thing. My HUmax lights are both yellow, then the right one turns red and then the left one turns red. At some point, I actually got the green screen stating that the TiVo was fixing itself. It only took 15-20 minutes, but did not fix anything. Then I tried running guided setup. The error s03 thing came up when loading data and I was stuck in guided setup. I rebooted and done everything at least 10 times each to no avail. I unplugged it overnight and changed the guide data from sat and cable to cable only. It then got past the first loading data, but when I had to call in to get guide data, it locked up in preparing to call. I unplugged it and rebooted several times and finally got past that screen and it loaded three days of guide data, Then I went to setting and connected to the internet and downloaded guide data again. This time it took one hour to load the data but succeeded and I have guide date from Nov 25th to Dec 7, 2006. I think I will leave it on cable only and see if the next guide data dowloads. If so, I will run setup again and try loading sat and cable and pray for the best. I only got the pause 5,7 thing to work once. Never could get into that thing again. But it is now working, at the moment. I do not know which thingy worked, but just keep doing it over and over until it gives up and works.
Actually, my 200gb drive failed when loading the 8.1 update and is stuck in updating the service data. I reinsatlled the original drive, which had never been used and it dowlaoded the 8.1 service data, an upograde from 5.4 to 8.1, but received the so3 error when trying to load the guide data. If someone knows how to use the pause 5,7 thingy, on the Humax, I would reinstall the other HD and try to fix it.
What I need is when to enter the pause and then the 5,7 on the Humax, since the lights are different. Anyone know?
(Never Logged In) vveronica123
0 followers
Nov 25, 2006 at 11:31:55 PM  |  #44
Thanks for the update. I had the same problem again. It works and updates fine and then it just stops after a month or so. I unplugged it several times. Restarted it again and again. Same thing error s03.For some reason, after it was uplugged for over 2 days,which is just torture, it downloaded the next day with my regular phone call. Now my dvd won't record. I am just about ready to take the darn thing back. It is so nice to have though.
(Never Logged In) kholiree07
0 followers
Nov 27, 2006 at 7:50:56 AM  |  #45
please help .. i recently recieved custody of a tivo .. i have been trying to load program info .. tried every laymans option .. any suggs
Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 2   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 57232
First   |  Previous     Page 3 of 7     Next   |  Last
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS