First   |  Previous     Page 2 of 2     Next   |  Last
At beginning of post row.
(Never Logged In) nteuscher
0 followers
Re: Will a DWL G132 work???
Sep 29, 2005 at 7:17:55 PM  |  #16
Well, It doesn't hurt to give it a try ... just plug it in and see what happens. You won't break the TiVo. If it doesn't work, try selling it on EBay to recoup some of your money and then buy a wireless connector found on the webpage I posted earlier.

http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv2184.htm?

Good luck.
(Never Logged In) phdeez
0 followers
Sep 29, 2005 at 9:48:00 PM  |  #17
Re: need to reconnect my Netgear MA111v1 to Tivo Series 2 after every connect to tivo
I don't have a DWL-122, I have a Netgear MA111v1, and I have the same problem. I can connect once, get my updates and then my network adapter disappears from the Tivo until i physically disconnect it, and then reconnect, and then it works once, once again. I thought it was my adapter, but after reading these other posts I too am suspecting its the actual Tivo box. It is a Series 2 box, I have the 7.2 software on it. I just recently purchased a new network adapter, ordered it Monday, got it yesterday, its the smc2862w-g which is tested and certified by tivo for my DVR with a service number that starts with 540. I plug this one in and nothing happens at all. The adapter doesn't power up, so obviously the tivo box doesn't detect the adapter. I plug the adapter into my computer and it works great, so there is nothing wrong with the adapter. I just want a resolution, I'm tired of connecting and reconnecting my adapter and now I have another adapter I don't need because it will not work with my tivo. Tivo, can I get a replacement DVR?
(Last Login: July 29, 2014 6:49 AM) curiousmark
curiousmark
Sep 30, 2005 at 7:39:11 AM  |  #18
Re: need to reconnect my Netgear MA111v1 to Tivo Series 2 after every connect to tivo
Just recently people have been having trouble with smc adapters. I think smc may have released a new version that is incompatible. What version of the adapter did you get? You might see if you can exchange it for an older version, if you do, and it works, would you pleaese post your results here so others can learn what versions are good or bad?

The connect once problem does seem to happen with a variety of different adapters on some TiVos after they update to version 7.2. Can you try something? Please go through the wireless settings on the TiVo and clear them, set everything to blank or a bland choice. Make sure any WEP key entry screens are cleared. Then on your router make sure SSID broadcast is ON, the SSID is uniques, any MAC filter settings are turned off and your DHCP server is turned on and working. Now reboot your TiVo, and after it comes up completely install the MA111 adapter and go thorugh wireless setup. make sure you see your SSID offered as a choice by the TiVo, select it and enter the hexadecimal WEP key from your router's hex key #1 display. Finish setup selecting get IP automatically and try it out.

Does it make any difference? Is it still messing up? If it is, go into your router and try a different channel. Does it still mess up? If it does, go into your router, find the authentication settings and try all the options one at a time. See if "open", "shared key", or "automatic" (assuming it has such a setting) works. If one works over the other, please share your results.

If nothing works, I am out of troubleshooting tips and think it will be time to call support and get them to enable logging on your machine to help figure out what is going on.

Good luck,

Mark
(Never Logged In) deancon@aol.com
0 followers
Jan 24, 2006 at 10:34:45 AM  |  #19
Re: My Tivo-supplied and branded wireless adaptor is lost to Humax DVR /Burner Series 2 after every connect to tivo
Well this thread hasn't gone anywhere since September, but after converting to "G" standard and buying the T9vo-supplied adaptor, now my Humax (v 7.2) loses the new Tivo-branded adaptor I purchased recently as well as the rest.

This, along with the previous posts seems to suggest it is the Humax unit. I also updated a second Tivo Series 2; it lost the adaptor once but has been fine for several weeks.

Has anyone had similar experience, and what did you do about it?

Bob
Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 2705
First   |  Previous     Page 2 of 2     Next   |  Last
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS