At beginning of post row.
(Never Logged In) sohobl
0 followers
TIVO TO GO
Apr 7, 2005 at 12:04:52 PM  |  #1
IF Anyone can help me.. PLease do. I was able to transfer a 30 min. show onto my computer. It did take almost 1.5 hours for the transfer is that normal? THe media player seems to be playing it- as the clock is moving but nothing comes up except the opening screenof the show. I wouldn't guess this is a tivo problem but, perhaps a problem with my media player 10. Do you think I should delete Media 10 (My platform is XP) and reinstall or is there another way to test if the media player is working?
THANKS!
(Last Login: Sep 10, 2014 at 4:43:09 PM) bedelman
bedelman
Apr 7, 2005 at 2:05:14 PM  |  #2
The amount of time it will take to transfer a program will vary both with the quality level in which the show was recorded (better quality -> more data to transfer) and the speed of your network.

Your playback problem would appear to be codec related. While the video is playing, select "properties" from the file menu in Windows Media Player. This should show you the codecs (both video and audio) that are being used.

You can find out more about codecs at http://www.tivo.com/codec

It's very doubtful that you need to re-install Windows Media Player 10.

- Bob
(Last Login: Sep 10, 2014 at 4:43:09 PM) bedelman
bedelman
Apr 7, 2005 at 3:01:47 PM  |  #3
To keep things simpler -- I copied in your reply that was posted in the other thread...

>Hi BOB- I checked under properties I have
>VIDEO
>480x480
>4:3
>AC3FILTER
>Cyberlink Video/SP decoder for DELL
>Do I need to buy the upgrade to Power DVD SE for $14.95 or something else
>or can I use some kind of a free patch? I went to gocyberlink.com
>to look at the choices. thanks!

I really don't know much about particular codecs per se -- but I do know how to identify a codec issue. I believe there is at least one freeware video codec that works correctly, and you might be able to find something within these forums for it. In most, if not all cases, the codec suppliers do offer free trial versions that I suggest you try out before you go ahead an purchase anything.

You can also check at http://www.tivocommunity.com and look in the TiVoToGo forum there -- I'm sure there is some codec information posted there as well.
(Last Login: Mar 18, 2012 at 9:50:14 AM) anode
0 followers
Apr 7, 2005 at 4:33:27 PM  |  #4
Your xfers speeds are rather slow. Typical speeds are just under realtime. (ie: 1/2 hour sho xfers in about 25 minutes. Thats with high quality recordings)
wired or wireless? if wired, check the connection signal. If less then say 75%, make a litte parabolic reflector for the WiFi anttena (a file folder and tin foil. Yes it works *rather* well)try:
http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template2/index.html

Playback prob, as previously stated is a codec problem.
(Never Logged In) rolandvon
0 followers
Apr 8, 2005 at 1:44:45 AM (Updated: Apr 8, 2005 at 1:47:03 AM)  |  #5
>Cyberlink Video/SP decoder for DELL
>Do I need to buy the upgrade to Power DVD SE for $14.95 or something else
>or can I use some kind of a free patch? I went to gocyberlink.com
>to look at the choices. thanks!

Nope, I have this decoder from my Dell as well and it works perfectly fine. The "Cyberlink" codec is on Tivo's supported list. The only problem I had was when I had NERO Software installed, my Tivo transfers had no sound. I uninstalled them and I was fine after that.

My decoder name has a "5.3" after it, and the version is 6.0.0.818
Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 344
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS