First   |  Previous     Page 1 of 2     Next   |  Last
At beginning of post row.
(Never Logged In) jlobello
0 followers
Errors Using Music & Pictures
Jan 20, 2005 at 3:26:41 PM  |  #1
I am running Tivo 7.1 & Tivo Desktop 2.0. Using this config., I cannot access Music & Pictures on my Tivo. I randomly get Error 3-43-100. Sometimes this happens while browsing a folder, other times it will be when starting to play a song. If I uninstall & reinstall Tivo Desktop 1.3, Music & Pictures works fine, but then I can't access the 'togo' features. The 'togo' features are working fine. My network uses 2 Linksys WRT54G routers. The Tivo is connected to the router via a Linksys USB200M connector.
(Last Login: Oct 14, 2014 at 1:00:03 PM) sinanju
sinanju
0 followers
Jan 20, 2005 at 4:37:34 PM  |  #2
You don't mention how the PC is connected, or how the two routers related to each other. If you have two subnets on the same channel, or an overlapping channel, you can get interference or insufficient throughput.

Otherwise, I would guess you have a bad cable or the adapter is not seated properly. Bad cables happen more than you might think.
0 followers
Jan 20, 2005 at 5:11:26 PM  |  #3
The PC is directly connected to router #1. The Tivo is directly connected to router #2. The routers are both Linksys WRT54G's running the Sveasoft Alchemy firmware configured to use WDS. The routers are both on channel 6, and have 90-100% signal strength. My laptop (with wireless card) has no problem connecting to either router & freely roaming.

As an expirement, I turned TD 2.0 off on my main PC & installed it on my laptop. Result using wireless connection is the same (can download togo shows but have problems in Music & Pictures). Next, I tried plugging directly into the same router that Tivo uses. After that, Music & Pictures works. So, I'm just guesing here, but it appears that there is a latency issue with TD 2.0. Again, if I use TD 1.3, I have no problem hosting Music & Pictures over this same network.
sinanju
0 followers
Jan 20, 2005 at 6:34:33 PM  |  #4
Actually, I would have guessed that the PC and TiVo were on two subnets when they are on their own routers.

Can you ping the TiVo from the PC that is on the other router?
sinanju
0 followers
Jan 20, 2005 at 7:01:19 PM  |  #5
Oh.. if you have two routers to provide coverage over a wide area, I'm assuming those areas overlap... are you sure you want them on the same channel?

There's some good info here on access point setup: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_technical_reference09

Figure 5 shows what I am curious about...
0 followers
Jan 20, 2005 at 9:07:48 PM  |  #6
Tivo & PC are on the same subnet. I can ping Tivo fine from the PC. I can even download programs to it with Tivo ToGo.

I'm not an expert on the wireless setup, but using the same channel for both routers hasn't caused any problem, so far.
(Never Logged In) jpurp
0 followers
Feb 12, 2005 at 3:29:13 PM  |  #7
To use two wireless access points in WDS the have to be on the same channel. This allows them to pass information between each other. They are working as a bridge between two wired networks. I use something almost identical.

I also have the error mentioned above. It sounds like your wireless configuration is correct and since you can move tivotogo data with 2.0 and music & pictures with 1.3 then they are able to communicate over the wireless link.

This problem is specific to 2.0. It could be a latency issue but I doubt it. I have a 4ms response time between my Tivo and my PC over an almost identical wirless configuration. I could also be something specific to one of the wireless settings in the Sveasoft firmware for the WRT54G as I also am running Alchemy.

I am looking into this on my end. Let me know if you have any more findings.

-JP
(Never Logged In) schiavo
0 followers
Feb 13, 2005 at 6:19:39 AM  |  #8
I've got the same problem after upgrading to 2.0. Error#3-43-100. This doesn't seem to be a network issue.
(Never Logged In) jpurp
0 followers
Feb 13, 2005 at 7:04:03 AM  |  #9
Schiavo

Are you using a Linksys WRT54G? If so are you running the Sveasoft firmware?

-JP
(Never Logged In) tpbaker
0 followers
Feb 13, 2005 at 7:55:04 AM  |  #10
I'm having the same probs, I'm using the WRT54Gs. no sveasoft.
(Never Logged In) clutch34
0 followers
Feb 13, 2005 at 12:06:48 PM  |  #11
I use a Linksys BEFW11S4 and, when I try to access music and photos, receive the same error message (Error#3-43-100) since I upgraded to 7.0 and Desktop 2.0. Also, Tivotogo indicates that there aren't any Tivo DVRs on my network even though there are 2.
Please help.
0 followers
Feb 13, 2005 at 12:49:55 PM  |  #12
I've seen responses at Tivo Community Forum (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/) that say turning off 'loopback' on the WRT54G that is connected to your Tivo allows some people to work again. This is assuming that you're running Sveasoft Alchemy. I tried this once, but it didn't seem to help me.

I've "settled" for now on using JavaHMO, which as it turns out is better (my opinion) than Tivo Desktop, anyway. JavaHMO doesn't cause the networks errors that TD 2.0 does. You can still use TD 2.0 to access 'togo' features, or with JavaHMO 2, there are new/beta 'togo' features, too.

Best of Luck...

-- Jeff
(Never Logged In) jweiss
0 followers
Feb 24, 2005 at 10:25:34 AM  |  #13
I've got the exact same situation. Tivo Series 2 connected via cable to a wireless router to which my machine accesses the net. Tivo can see my computer but can't access music or photos. And TiVo Desktop 2.0 can't see my Now Playing list.

Nevertheless, my TiVo can make its "daily call" no problem. Anyone know what's up?
(Last Login: October 24, 2014 6:51 AM) curiousmark
curiousmark
Feb 24, 2005 at 1:25:36 PM  |  #14
What do you mean by "Tivo can see my computer but can't access music or photos".
Do the user's music on machine and user's photos on machine lines show up in the Tivo music and photos screen?
If so what error message do you get when you select one of them.

This belongs in a thread of it's own, this is different than what the people above are talking about.
(Last Login: Oct 28, 2008 at 1:00:33 PM) rleikis
0 followers
Mar 19, 2005 at 11:19:50 AM  |  #15
Actually, it is precisely the same thing.
The tivo will bring up both the Music and Photos folders (even the folder names) but when you try to go into a folder it gives you a 3-43-100.
Also, on the other side of things, the Tivo Desktop cannot locate your dvr to odwnload the list of programs.
Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 13140
First   |  Previous     Page 1 of 2     Next   |  Last
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS