First   |  Previous     Page 2 of 2     Next   |  Last
At beginning of post row.
(Never Logged In) trebor
0 followers
Re: DishNetwork Satellite hook-up only. Where do the coax cables go?
Oct 6, 2004 at 9:20:13 PM (Updated: Dec 15, 2004 at 11:34:09 AM)  |  #16
Thanks megazone,

I've already tried the 1 set of A/V from the receiver to the Tivo, and it did'nt work. I've tried to hookup the receiver directly to the TV. I've tried special premium cables that have Audio and S-Video all in one. I've tried so many configurations. I've even pulled all the cables out, and started from scratch following the manual exactly. No luck. I get the satellite feed but no Tivo, or I get the Tivo but no satellite feed. At least this last configuration gets me the audio, but where's the video?hmmm..

I'm sorry for being a pain, but many hours (embarrassingly many hours), and over $700.00 has been spent on a Tivo, TV. and premium cables and all I've had is grief.

Geez! What's with this Tivo. You go to the website, watch/listen to the demo, and the narrator makes it seem so simple. Yeah!

Any input is appreciated, also any $$$ offers for it would be considered.

Trebor.
(Never Logged In) trebor
0 followers
Oct 6, 2004 at 11:08:12 PM (Updated: Dec 15, 2004 at 11:34:09 AM)  |  #17
Okay, I've spent another 2 hours on this and NO LUCK!

I'm tired, frustrated, and disgusted.
The best I get is the Tivo screen (IR Code List page on guided setup), a black background, with Satellite Audio.

ANY REASONABLE OFFERS FOR MY UNCOOPERATIVE AND LAME TIVO WILL BE CONSIDERED.
It's useless to me.
Thank you.

Trebor.
(Never Logged In) tivobill
tivobill
0 followers
Oct 7, 2004 at 9:04:16 AM (Updated: Dec 15, 2004 at 11:34:09 AM)  |  #18
Sorry to hear about your issues. Reading through the thread, it sounds like this may be a fairly straighforward wiring/setup issue. Have you called TiVo Customer Support to have them walk you through setup on the phone? I understand that you are frustrated, but I'm confident that we can get you up and running if you call and are willing to work through setup.
(Never Logged In) trebor
0 followers
Oct 7, 2004 at 2:58:36 PM (Updated: Dec 15, 2004 at 11:34:09 AM)  |  #19
I'm going to do that TivoBill. Customer Support will expect a call. I'm so tired of this. I follow the manual to the letter and no luck.

Could the Phillips 20 inch TV with built in DVD be a problem? The best I can get is the Satellite Audio with the Tivo screen, no video. I'm close. It might be the TV somehow. It's only 3 months old, no problems before this. Here's a link for info on my bedroom's TV.
http://www.shopping.com/xPF-Philips_20DV693R

Any suggestions on that?

Thanks,

Trebor.
tivobill
0 followers
Oct 7, 2004 at 3:07:28 PM (Updated: Dec 15, 2004 at 11:34:09 AM)  |  #20
We should be able to get the TiVo to work with any TV. If you are able to see the TiVo screens, the issue is probably with the inputs going out of your satellite box into your TiVo. Our hold times are less than 5 minutes most of day so I'm guessing we can get you up and running pretty quickly. We are open 8-8 PT 7 days a week.
(Never Logged In) trebor
0 followers
Oct 7, 2004 at 7:56:00 PM (Updated: Dec 15, 2004 at 11:34:09 AM)  |  #21
NOPE!

Sorry TivoBill, but I can't get through.

I get "you cannot complete the call from your calling area."

I am an American Citizen working at Ford Motor Co. of Canada and live in Windsor, Ontario (across from Detroit, Michigan). I have an American Passport that I can FAX to Tivo Support staff to prove this.

Your only telephone number shown is one I can't use.

Can anyone help???
I feel like freaking right now. A family member bought this as a gift to me. I thought it was too much, so I paid her back. I bought a new TV (Best Buy), bought premium cables (Phillips and Monster), and I can't get it going.

If Tivo wants me to subscribe, if they want me to tell family and friends to get one, they better help. 7 days of this is enough! When am I going to get this going? The TV season of 2004 or 2005?

Trebor.
P.S. I've noticed that the "Reply" buttons have started to disapear. Is this a hint to stop this thread?
tivobill
0 followers
Oct 7, 2004 at 10:17:28 PM (Updated: Dec 15, 2004 at 11:34:09 AM)  |  #22
Ahh -- sorry, didn't know you were in Canada. Unfortunately our customer service phone numbers don't work outside the United States since we only sell our product in the US.

Just to let you know -- we also only sell TiVo service in the US (we are not licensed to sell in Canada) so you won't be able to activate service unless you have a US mailing address (our systems won't handle Canadian addresses, postal codes, etc).

If you would send me at e-mail (bill@tivo.com), we can have somebody give you a call to help with the install issues, but there may also be lineup and local-dial in number issues since you are in Canada and the area codes and lineups are different there. We certiatnly would love for you to keep your TiVo, but given the situation, my best suggestion would be to try to sell the box to somebody in the US and consider one of the DVR options available in Canada.

As far as the reply buttons disappearing, the form is limited to a certian thread depth to avoid horitzonal scrolling on the screen. If you reply to a reply too many times it will no logner have the reply button on that part of the thread.
5.05.05.05.05.0 (1 rating)
(Never Logged In) trebor
0 followers
Oct 7, 2004 at 11:43:04 PM (Updated: Dec 15, 2004 at 11:34:09 AM)  |  #23
Hello TivoBill,

Boy, bad news all around!
Well, I have an American Address in Dearborn, Michigan. So no problem on that front.
As for emailing you to call me, okay, I'll do it immediately.
As for the "local-dial in number issues", there will be none. Believe it or not, when I did the first call in with Guided Set-Up, the Tivo gave me a Windsor local number. It also offered the towns of Chatham Ontario, London, Ontario and a couple of others.

I'll email you now.
Thanks,

Trebor.
(Never Logged In) trebor
0 followers
Oct 8, 2004 at 3:03:46 PM (Updated: Dec 15, 2004 at 11:34:09 AM)  |  #24
***UPDATE***

Well, I must say Tivo Bill was very patient, and helpful. He called back promptly and was in no rush.

This is all a plus.

The hookup I had right. So it wasn't a hookup problem. The problem, he concludes, was probably a software glitch. This is the first time he has encountered this.

I finally got the satellite picture and the Tivo on the same screen. He had me continue the guided setup even though there was no satellite video. After the second phone call (it took 5 attempts: "Failed Connections"), the download helped and I got the Satellite and Tivo on the same SVHS channel.

I hope this thread helps anyone with a similar problem.

Well, I officially remove my Mother's gift off the "For Sale" list.

Thanks again Tivo Bill, you helped redeem "Tivo" for me.

Trebor.
Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0   Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 4233
First   |  Previous     Page 2 of 2     Next   |  Last
Options
To sign up for notifications of comments on this item, you must first login.
:
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS